We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quarteira mugging

Belfast
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Topic
Quarteira mugging

In this post I am not singling out Quarteira which is a little town I quite like and I realise this is happening world wide..

Yesterday my niece (21) was in Quarteira when she was punched to the ground and her handbag containing 50 Euro stolen. Not, as you would imagine, in a quiet street at 2.30 am but at 3 pm in the afternoon on the sea front in full view of other tourists. These people have no fear.

As she walked along she was approached by a man who stopped her and asked if she wanted to but a Rolex watch. She walked on but was immediately struck from behind. She does not know if it was by the same person or an accomplice. Be warned and be alert.

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quarteira mugging

hope she reported to police and got crime number

Belfast
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Quarteira mugging

Yes gave all details to GNR. Tks

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,451 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quarteira mugging

That is quite scary - in mid afternoon!!! Poor girl - my sympathy goes to her.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,904 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quarteira mugging

Lino layer did your neice complete a crime report at the police station, it will cost her 11euros (passport needed also for ID purposes) but you will then be able to claim off your holiday insurance if anything valuable was stolen with her bag ie: phone, camera etc.

Edited: 16 August 2011, 21:49
London
Level Contributor
1,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Quarteira mugging

I hope she is OK and was not too badly hurt, sounds truely awful :-(

6. Re: Quarteira mugging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2011, 14:43
Belfast
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Quarteira mugging

Yes all reported to the police.

8. Re: Quarteira mugging

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Edited: 24 August 2011, 14:43
Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quarteira mugging

I am very sorry about your niece linolayer but I agree with Cubsur. You have posted in the wrong forum and there is no need to be rude when this is pointed out to you. It confuses people and creates the wrong impression. There have been problems in Albufeira but no beachfront muggings that I am aware of thankfully.

Edited: 17 August 2011, 08:28
10. Re: Quarteira mugging

Edited: 24 August 2011, 14:43
Get answers to your questions about Quarteira