We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trousers or shorts

Which Quarteira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chesterfield
Level Contributor
623 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
trousers or shorts

coming over on thurs 3rd oct anyone out there could you advise of nightime weather

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trousers or shorts

I'd say you'd get away with shorts, but you wouldn't be too hot if you were to wear trousers. More a matter of what you feel more comfortable in. If it was a few weeks later, you would definitely need trousers.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,117 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: trousers or shorts

It's around 20C during the night at the moment. Forecast is a drop till 17C during the night.

After sunset it may feel chilly, because of the dampness. Here's a link for our weather forecast: www.ipma.pt/en/otempo/prev.10dias/…

Go for light trousers and you'll be fine?!

Edited: 29 September 2013, 04:58
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,965 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trousers or shorts

If it's raining, which it is quite likely to be, legs dry quicker than wet trousers. My shorts are staying on for at least a couple more weeks with temperatures around the 22 or 23 mark.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
892 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trousers or shorts

Very much depends where you are going but unless it is quite formal Shorts should be suitable for most of the time. Definitely during the Day and Early evening, depends if the other half gets all dolled up shorts might not match. I live about a hundred yards from the Beach annd there are a few locals who wear shorts all the year round, thats on the Sussex Coast. me I am comfortable in a tracksuit bottom. if Beckham can so can I .

5. Re: trousers or shorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Quarteira