We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November 1st

Which Quarteira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sutton in Ashfield...
Level Contributor
425 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
November 1st

Hi

We are coming over just for 5 days never been to portugal before .

Will it be warm enough to sit round the pool in daytime ?

Will be bringing cardi /light jacket for evening.

Thanks Sue

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,736 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November 1st

Possibly not! Average daytime temperatures early November are around 20C but if it's windy it will feel colder than that. It might be raining as well.

If it's sunny and there is some shelter from the wind, I am sure you can do so. But I doubt very much if there will be any pool bar etc open.

Night time average is around 13 or 14C.

Sorry to put a dampener on your thoughts but we do have (relatively speaking) winter here.

I will be in Quarteira myself on the 2nd November for football and I will plan for rain.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,132 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: November 1st

Usually I store my summer clothes around November 1. The sun still feels very nice and - as said above - if you seek shelter, it's gorgeous. But also chance for rain. As soon as the sun sets it feels rather cool as our climate is damp.

Bring a few layers and you'll be fine!

Our national weather forecast: www.ipma.pt/en/otempo/prev.10dias/…

keep checking back as it tends to change.

Enjoy your holidays.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
905 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: November 1st

Hi The last 2 entries are from residents in the Algarve and we will be going out for the 30th Year to Vilamoura not far from Quarteira traveling out on the 2nd November for 3 weeks and we always come back with a Tan, true there may be rain and the wind can be strong at times, we only take a light 2nd layer the Wife takes a Cardi but she would take one to Eqatorial Regions. The Dom Pedro Marina has a Pool Bar open by the Pool, the unheated pools will be cold even then have seen swimmers in the Hotel Pools.

So dont worry about the Weather just enjoy yourselves. The Portuguese are dressed for Blizzards but I think 20 C is fairly warm especially if converted to 68 F.

Sutton in Ashfield...
Level Contributor
425 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: November 1st

Hi

Thanks for replies , at least will be better than the uk , its our wedding anniversary on the 3rd (thats why the short break ). We are staying at the Atismar and staying AI . However would like to try a nice restaurant on the 3rd , any recommendations ?

Thanks Again

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,132 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: November 1st

Have a look at this one: tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g580249-d1…

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
905 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: November 1st

The La Cabane which is in the Quarteira Old Town has great reviews and also has a free pick up Service.

Another is the Joker rated 2 or 3 in Quarteira, their is also the BOM BEM which is close to the Bus Terminal.also Highly rated.probably best to travel by Taxi. I personally love the Caravela close to the Fish Market obviously the menu is Mainly Fish.

Sutton in Ashfield...
Level Contributor
425 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: November 1st

Thank you both for replies , The La Cabane looks good to me :)

8. Re: November 1st

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Quarteira