We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi fare from train station in Loule

Which Quarteira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver ca
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
taxi fare from train station in Loule

We are coming from Faro by train in April. Is there a taxi stand at the train station? What would be the approx price for 2 people with 2 bags? We are going to a place at Rue Infante Santo.and Ave Infante de Sagres. Would it be easier to come by bus? Where does it let you off in Quarteira?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,887 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi fare from train station in Loule

It is much easier to go by bus from Faro to Quarteira, although be aware that the last bus is at 8pm weekdays, 645pm at weekends and on public holidays.

Bus times www.algarvebus.info/002w.htm

The bus station in Faro is in the centre of town next to the marina. You must buy your bus ticket from the ticket office inside the bus station building, but most of the buses leave from the stop in the street right outside the entrance. Bus fare is €4.05

The location you mention is about 800 metres from Quarteira Bus Station. It's a flat and easy walk.

For the record, it's about 6.5km from Loulé station to where you are going. A taxi will be 8 - 10 Euros. I don't usually see taxis waiting at Loulé station except for the Lisbon trains. The nearest bus stop at Loulé station is about 5 minutes walk from the station itself and there are buses to Quarteira about once every hour on weekdays, less often at weekends.

A taxi from the airport to Quarteira will cost €25 - €30 depending on time of day etc.

I hope that helps.

(PS - if you are coming by train from Lisbon why not get off at Loulé?)

Edited: 31 October 2013, 07:18
Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,116 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi fare from train station in Loule

There usually are some taxis at the train station at times when trains arrive.

The taxi number for Quarteira and surroundings is: (351) 289 315 650

Depending on the time of the day it may cost you 10-12 euro.

It's much better to take the bus. The bus station is only 6 min. from the Rua Infante Santo.

http://goo.gl/maps/b06Mv

p.s. should you come from Lisbon, there are also busses from Lisbon to Quarteira!

Edited: 31 October 2013, 07:20
vancouver ca
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi fare from train station in Loule

We are actually coming from Monte Gordo to Faro by train then will walk down to the bus depot in Faro and go to Quarteira. That should work fine as well as save some of my hard earned money.. Thanks a lot for the info.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,116 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi fare from train station in Loule

Would you be closer to the train station in Monte Gordo? It's quite far out of town:

http://goo.gl/maps/rjPS8

I guess you know that there's also a bus from Monte Gordo centre to Faro?

www.eva-bus.com/eva_2012/gen_pdf.php…

Edited: 01 November 2013, 08:03
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,887 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi fare from train station in Loule

But the bus from Monte Gordo takes longer, is less comfortable and is more expensive.

Monte Gordo station is unfortunately a semi vandalised place.

vancouver ca
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi fare from train station in Loule

We've been on on train from Monte Gordo several times. It is more of a stop than a station. It's a 1.5km from our apartment which is quite walkable for us. Thanks everyone for the tips

vancouver ca
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi fare from train station in Loule

Can any one tell me if large pieces of luggage are allowed on the Eva bus. I E-mailed them was told that if the bus had exterior luggage holds it would be possible. Do the buses have luggage compartments?

8. Re: taxi fare from train station in Loule

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 February 2014, 21:41
Edited: 19 February 2014, 21:41
Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,116 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi fare from train station in Loule

The busses for long distance travel have the compartments down below the cabin. The driver will store your luggage there. It's safe and you can bring large pieces of luggage.

If you refer to your previous post, the bus from Faro to Quarteira, I don't think these busses have these compartments. You have to bring your luggage into the cabin.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,887 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi fare from train station in Loule

Most of the buses used on the Faro - Quarteira and other local routes have small luggage compartments. These are most often used for baby buggies but I have seen people put large suitcases in them.

You need to ask the driver to open the door and make sure he knows when you are getting off, so he doesn't drive off with your bags!

As FTHW says, all the vehicles used for long distance trips eg Lisbon - Quarteira have luggage compartments underneath. Small bags with valuables can and should be taken inside with you and stored on the overhead rack.

Edited: 20 February 2014, 09:27
Get answers to your questions about Quarteira