We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Circus on the seafront

Which Quarteira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dartford, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Circus on the seafront

I had been looking at the Villa Columbus which is close to the seafront and not far from the Crowne Plaza. But was concerned as Street View images from August 2009 show a circus opposite where we would be staying. Does anyone know if the circus visits every year, or if it is due in 2014? Also, is the waste ground which backs on to the fisherman's huts still there, or has it been developed?

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,134 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Circus on the seafront

No, it's not developed! The waste land is still there, the old fisherman's huts are taken down and now often camper vans use this area. I haven't seen a circus for quite some years so wouldn't worry about it. It's a bit of an 'empty' not so attractive area and I don't know how secure you will be. When are you coming?

Edited: 20 January 2014, 21:00
Dartford, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Circus on the seafront

It would probably be the last two weeks of July. Would you suggest the other end of Quarteira?

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,134 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Circus on the seafront

It will be busy enough then. It's more in wintertime that the area seems abandoned. You'll be fine in July.

4. Re: Circus on the seafront

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Quarteira