We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Quateria for Easter -19-24 April (5 nights)

Ireland
Level Contributor
127 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Quateria for Easter -19-24 April (5 nights)

Hi there all Tripadvisor friends.

Havn'e been on board for a while for personal reasons...however I'm back with a few queries for Easter 2014...

Hubby & I are thinking of going to Quateria for 5nights from Ireland West Airport.

What is the weather like in mid-April in Quateria?

We are thinking of staying @ Dom Jose Hotel on the beach, is this a good choice as we're looking for a hotel with good on-site facilaties i.e. meals,pool & entertainment.Would ye recommend going B&B or Half-Board? Are there any music bars near Dom Jose (not Disco-clubs)? Are there any sport bars that show GAA games? I would prefer a garden pool, are there any hotels with same no more than 30mns from Faro. What transfer companey are the best value from Faro to Quateria. We're not into trains or large buses?

Is there a hotel with a garden pool beside the beach that ye would reccomend nearby are that would suit us better?

I owe ye all a review of "Carverio " in the Algarve (2yrs ago-2013) it had brilliant restaurants-best ever....very family friendly with its square at night but poor beach.

I would be grateful for info to the above queries.

Thanking you..as always..

eiram-Ireland

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
51,422 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Quateria for Easter -19-24 April (5 nights)

"What is the weather like in mid-April in Quateria?"

Warmer than Ireland at around 20 - 21C daytimes, possibly warmer. (It was 22 here yesterday.) Maybe a shower or two.

I know where the Dom José is located but cannot comment on the facilities as I have never been inside.

There are plenty of places to eat along the seafront in Quarteira and there are some really nice places near the fishmarket. I would go B&B.

There is an English run bar not far from Dom José, the name of which I forget, that shows UK sports but I am unaware of anywhere specifically showing GAA. Quarteira is more Portuguese than some of the seaside towns and for GAA you might have to go a mile or so down the road to Vilamoura marina.

As for transfer companies, Yellowfish get consistently good comments here on TA as do Algarve 365. You should expect to pay around €50 for a return private transfer.

"Is there a hotel with a garden pool beside the beach"

The Crowne Plaza in Vilamoura certainly has and backs onto the beach there.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve
Level Contributor
14,187 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Quateria for Easter -19-24 April (5 nights)

www.ipma.pt/en/otempo/prev.localidade/… is the 10 day weather forecast. Keep checking back as it tends to change. It's very nice spring weather at the moment!

Dom Jose is a nice hotel and has been refurbished over recent years.

In Vilamoura besides the Crowne Plaza (as mentioned by Cubsur) also the Tivoli Marina, the Lake Resort and the Vila Gale Ampalius gardens beside the beach. All have a pool.

These hotels however are in a different price bracket than the Dom Jose.

Quarteira has a lot of nice restaurants and bars. I would not go full board!

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Olhos de Agua
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Quateria for Easter -19-24 April (5 nights)

Fom Jose is a nice hotel, maybe the best in Quarteira, had been recently refurnisch and has excellent locacion with direct acess to promenade and beach. Beetter choose sea view rooms because land views are terrific and doesn´t have sun all day. This hotel only have a very small pool and doesn´t have gardens, the exterior hotel area is really very small.

If you like lovely gardens, nice and big pool better choose TIVOLI MARINA HOTEL, CROWN PLAZA HOTEL or LAKE RESORT HOTEL in Vilamoura ( next door to Quarteira ).

Leonor

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
970 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Quateria for Easter -19-24 April (5 nights)

I Stayed in the Dom Hose many years ago but have been back to have a look and the recent refurbishment has certainly made it one of the best hotels in Quarteira, as far as I can remember the pool is quite small, the other downside is that the Sea view rooms have very small balconies, I have been use to the large Apartments in the Dom Pedro Hotels in Vilamoura, ther other hotels mentioned in Vilamoura would be very Suitable with Quarteira just a short distance away, very walkable during the day, Buses and Taxis close by,

Have been in April and found the Weather very good, I always check the 10 day weather forecast before I go, I believe FTHW has provided a web site for weather reports. After the weather we have had this winter anything would be welcome.

Camberley Surrey
Level Contributor
114 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Quateria for Easter -19-24 April (5 nights)

Hello eriam i have stayed at the dom jose about 4 years ago with hubby i wouldnt go back as we were the youngest in there by 20years and we are late 40's! Yes dorectly on the beach, well stocked bar with a piano, chips on offer for breakfast!!! And the weather is low20's.i did put a review on for dom jose if you click on my profile you will find it and other reviews for algarve.we also had a cheeky weekend at praia sol hotel in quateria which is much better and less £££ than dom jose.wherever you go you will have a fab time in the algarve :-)

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve
Level Contributor
14,187 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Quateria for Easter -19-24 April (5 nights)

It's true, during low season it's a favorite place for pensioners.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
970 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in Quateria for Easter -19-24 April (5 nights)

I suppose many of the younger generations Holidays are controlled by the School Term and us oldies enjoy the quiet life, I go to Vilamoura at the end of October through November and would think the Average age is nearing 70, though I still feel young at 75,

Hoever wherever you go either Quarteira or Vilamoura you will enjoy it, make your own fun.

Ireland
Level Contributor
127 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel in Quateria for Easter -19-24 April (5 nights)

Thank you all for your replies..much appreciated.. eiram

9. Re: Hotel in Quateria for Easter -19-24 April (5 nights)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2015, 07:32
Get answers to your questions about Quarteira