We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warm waters ?

Montreal, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Warm waters ?

I will be heading to Quarteira beach mid july with husband and kids and it is our first time in Algarve. My question is, how warm is the water on that beach. Is it cold ? That being said, if the waters there is cold, can any of you suggest another particular beach in Algarve which does have the warm water and lovely beach that is not too crowded ?

Thanks for any inout provided to us.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,177 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Warm waters ?

It should be around 20C. If you want it somewhat warmer you could travel to the east, to the lagoon. For instance to Olhao. From there you can take ferries to the barrier islands.

July is high season. All beaches will be filled. For Quarteira: if you walk down the promenade, to the end (to the east) and head further down the beach, you'll find that it becomes quieter.

I don't think you'll find lifeguards there.

Enjoy your holidays!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,198 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warm waters ?

The sea here in Albufeira (a few miles west of Quarteira) was full of people at the weekend, cooling off from the air temperature of 33C.

Sea temperature is currently around 20C, expect it to be a little warmer in July.

3. Re: Warm waters ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Quarteira
Recent Conversations