We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking with Dinosaurs - help

Which Norfolk hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aldie, Virginia
Level Contributor
30 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Walking with Dinosaurs - help

I have tickets for the Walking with Dinosaurs show at the Scope Arena next weekend. Any suggestions on good hotels nearby. We don't mind driving to the show if there aren't nice hotels.

Also, we've never been to Norfolk, any suggestions on what else to see or do? We're driving down Sat am, show that evening back to Northern VA whenever on Sun.

Thanks for the advice!

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,831 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking with Dinosaurs - help

Downtown Norfolk has 2 Marriotts -- the Waterside Marriott and a Courtyard Marriott. Also there is a Sheraton Waterside. Closer to Scope is the Radisson. I don't know the reputation of the Radisson, but the Marriotts are very good.

Other things to do -- how about Nauticus and Battleship Wisconsin. Or a harbor tour on the Carrie B (you'll get to see battleships and attack subs as well as the city skyline from the water). If you like old houses, the Hunter House Victorian Museum is wonderful as is the Moses Myers House of the late 1700s. Norfolk Zoo is small but worthwhile.

Onley, Va
Level Contributor
492 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking with Dinosaurs - help

Things to do -

zoo

botanical gardens

Nauticus/battleship/Carrie B

There are quite a few hotels in the area - We always just check which ones have an indoor pool for this time of year!!

Aldie, Virginia
Level Contributor
30 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking with Dinosaurs - help

Thanks for the hotel and things to do info. By any chance, do you know which is better of the 2 Marriotts? I'd like to get into the Embassy Suites in Hampton, but it's all booked up. Just my luck!

4. Re: Walking with Dinosaurs - help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Norfolk