We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route from North Jersey

new jersey
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Best route from North Jersey

I will be driving down this Sunday to Norfolk for a week of college visits with my daughter which will have us loop across VA, to DC and back up so I wanted to go a different route down, preferably over the Bay Bridge. My question is how bad will the traffic be along Route 1 or even Route 113, considering it is a Sunday in July? Would i just be better off taking 95S the whole way? Which route would be faster?

thanks

Ruckersville...
Level Contributor
479 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best route from North Jersey

In Virginia,Your fastest route will be I-95 to I-64, both ways. (using the by-passes ) Us 13 across the DELMARVA pennisula will be acenic but slower. Stay away from US 1, it's slower and has alot of lights, it goes through towns, and major metro areas not around.

new jersey
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best route from North Jersey

thanks, i was thinking the same. i'll take 95 even though it's not the most scenic, i rather get there faster.

3. Re: Best route from North Jersey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Norfolk