We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling from Norfolk

Which Norfolk hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pontypridd, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
traveling from Norfolk

I'm need to travel from norfolk airport to either port haywood or gloucester.

I, m a single traveller coming to port haywood for a visit.Any suggestions on the best way to travel. Do not drive .

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,819 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traveling from Norfolk

Port Haywood is rural without much, if anything, in the way of public transportation. If you're coming to visit someone, they would probably help you figure out transportation options. About the only thing I can think of would be a taxi or car service from the airport. Check the ground transportation page on the ORF (Norfolk International) website: www.norfolkairport.com/rental-car-information

Do you already have your flights? If not, look at the Newport News/Williamsburg airport, PHF. Even if airfares are higher, you'll be closer to Gloucester than you would be in Norfolk, so overall might be less expensive.

Pontypridd, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: traveling from Norfolk

Hi thanks for the reply.

I already have my flights booked so it looks like I will have to book a car and driver. Should have done more research online before booking flights but didn, t know Newport was nearer to Gloucester.

Level Contributor
1,140 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: traveling from Norfolk

Do you know anyone down that way? Where you are staying, could they give you suggestions? Mathews County, where Port Haywood is located, is small and friendly and everyone knows somebody or has some kind of kinfolk who might be heading that way anyhow.

transportation from Norfolk to Mathews will probably be pricy.

A reliable company to start with is Newton Bus Service, they run the shipyard bus from Mathews and Gloucester to Newport News. Their website is www.charteredbus.com and they are a good place to start for info.

4. Re: traveling from Norfolk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Norfolk