We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis in Suzdal? (Relates to 3-day lodging choice)

Bethesda MD
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis in Suzdal? (Relates to 3-day lodging choice)

Long introduction to a short question: Family of 4 (kids young teens) planning on 3 nights, 3 days in Suzdal without a car. (Arriving by train to Vladimir then a taxi to Suzdal lodging). Still selecting lodging and want to consider location. Now, I understand Suzdal is small and walkable, and long scenic walks is a large part of our reason for spending such a relatively long time there. But I anticipate a trip or two or three per day back to whatever hotel we select for a mid-day break, change of clothes, glass of wine before dinner, etc.. And I don't want to expend too much of our family's 10-15 kilometers per day tolerance for walking just getting between the hotel and the center.

But for location, I think our preferred lodging would be the Cherry Orchard all the way at the south end of town. We'll probably go for it if it's easy enough to call for a taxi (or pick-up by the hotel, if that's a commonly-offered service?) should we want to return there from the north end of town without walking. Otherwise, the Hotel Kremlin (just west of the Kremlin meadow, across the river) and the Nikolaevsky Posad would be our next choices, probably in that order.

Question: Are wheels across town easy to call for? Where would you stay?

Edited: 02 January 2013, 13:38
Mentioned in this post
Suzdal
Suzdal
Suzdalsky District, Russia
Vladimir
Vladimir
Vladimir Oblast, Russia
Suzdal Kremlin
Suzdal Kremlin
858 Reviews
Suzdal, Russia
3 replies to this topic
New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,153 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis in Suzdal? (Relates to 3-day lodging choice)

They may be easy to call for if you have a local phone and speak Russian.

I would stay near the geographical center of town.

Bethesda MD
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis in Suzdal? (Relates to 3-day lodging choice)

Thanks. Thinking about this some more, I think we'll plan to start in the mornings with a taxi ride from the hotel (which the hotel surely can call) to the north end of town, then make our way back on foot.

For the sake of anyone who stumbles across this thread in the future, here's a useful link, showing intra-city bus schedules within Suzdal: …ucoz.com/index/raspisanie_transporta/0-4

I have no idea whether the schedules posted there are current or reliable, but the indication that buses run with some frequency is enough for our relaxed purposes.

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,153 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis in Suzdal? (Relates to 3-day lodging choice)

I got the sense Suzdal is not about timetables or deadlines and the like and the bus comes when the stars align the right way. It is more like an overgrown village. Be like them and just go with the flow....

Mentioned in this post
Suzdal
Suzdal
Suzdalsky District, Russia
Reply to: Taxis in Suzdal? (Relates to 3-day lodging choice)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted