We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire murcia airport

erskine scotland
4 posts
Save Topic
car hire murcia airport

travelling to mojacar for 3 weeks end of aug (family wedding) im confused as to which car company to use like some advice doesnt have to be the cheapest just dont want any problems thanks in advance ps should have mentioned flying into murcia

Ireland
Level Contributor
947 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire murcia airport

Three weeks car rental will cost an arm and a leg. When I used to hire cars I always used brokers www.economycarhire.com. If you asked me to name one car hire company from Murcia Airport it would be Centauro.

Suggestion:- Rent car for first 3 days of visit and last 3 days of visit. There probably will be an add-on charge to collect at the airport and leave the car at the resort and vice versa for return trip.

Suggestion 2:- Depending on the number of people in your group it might be useful to use unofficial transfers ~(3/4 people for around €120 per trip, too expensive I think!).

plymouth
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire murcia airport

I agree with leprosy car hire is very expensive. Wife and i are going to Mojacar 29th August with 2 friends. This will be the second time without a car. We land at alicante and have booked a Alsa bus for 6 Euros each to Murcia. Going to stop in Murcia for a night. We have booked our seats on the Alsa bus from Murcia bus station to Vera bus station which works out at approx 12 Euros each. We then get the bus from Vera to Mojacar. I think it is a couple of Euros. We are in Mojacar for 8 nights then we will get the bus from Mojacar back to Murcia. Again approx 12 Euros. May seem a bit of a trek but from Murcia to Mojacar takes around two and a half hours. It is a bit awkward to get from Murcia airport to the city as there are only a few buses a day. Last year we got a taxi from the airport to Murcia. Taxi and return Alsa bus ticket to Mojacar was 110 Euros. We then got a bus from Murcia to the airport 5 Euros.

3. Re: car hire murcia airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Mojacar