We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather & Bars

Wakefield
4 posts
Save Topic
Weather & Bars

I am part of a small golfing party staying in Mojacar Playa for a week from Jan 18th 2007. Could you kindly tell me what kind of temperatures I am likely to experience please.

Also, bearing in mind that we are visiting outside the main season do you know of any decent bars that will be open in the resort.

Many thanks.

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather & Bars

Hi, TrevR,

Check out the 7 day weather forecast on www.inm.es/web/infmet/predi/locali/ANA.html (click on Mojacar on the page) You do run the risk of the odd rainy day, but I hope it keeps OK for you. The temp should be 16 - 20C in the day, but cooling rapidly when the sun goes down.

You will find quite a few of the bars open, there's a sizeable expat community in Mojacar, but it will be low key compared to the summer. Whereabouts on the playa are you staying? It's about 12km long, so that will be a factor in how many places are open nearby.

Wakefield
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather & Bars

Thanks for your prompt and useful info. As far as I know we are staying at the Best Oasis, Mojacar Playa.

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather & Bars

You've got the Best Oasis & the Oasis Tropical, all in the same area & out on a limb, I'm afraid, there aren't many bars round there at all. There is a bus service which runs every hour until 11.30, but check this with the hotel , the schedule may be different in January & there is a taxi service of sorts, but not enough of them to keep up with demand at busy times.

Take a trip into Garrucha one evening, there are some great fish restaurants around the port.

Wakefield
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather & Bars

Thanks. Looks like we could be getting plenty of exercise !

Sorry to be a pain but is there any particular bar that stays open reasonably late you can recommend (We golfers are thirsty animals !).

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather & Bars

I couldn't point you in the direction of any particular bar, but this link should help you find somewhere - http://www.mojacar.co.uk/fooddrink.htm

On the right hand side of the page on the link you can also click on "which bar/restaurant?" That should give you a few more ideas.

Happy golfing!!

Wakefield
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather & Bars

Many thanks for all your help and advice, I will let you know how we get on.

7. Re: Weather & Bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 05:27
Get answers to your questions about Mojacar