We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

? Supermarkets open on Sundays

Which Mojacar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Carnmenellis...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
? Supermarkets open on Sundays

We're holidaying in Mojacar in early June and will be arriving late on Saturday night. Does anyone know if there will be a supermarket open on Sunday? I know that the British Supermarket will be open but I'm hoping that I won't have to shop there for provisions on my first day! Also, are the restaurants and bars open for lunch routinely on Sundays?

Many thanks

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ? Supermarkets open on Sundays

Last year the Caprabo in the basement of the Centro Commercial opened from 10 - 2 on Sunday during the summer season, I'm not sure if that's just July & August, I do know it closed on Sundays from the beginning of September.

If you have a car, the Coviran at Puerto Rey opens from 10 - 2 every Sunday throughout the year, it's a bit more expensive than the other supermercados but better than the UK supermarkets.

Restaurants & bars will be open.

Benalmadena Pueblo
Level Contributor
747 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: ? Supermarkets open on Sundays

Take Senotaylan's advice - supermarkets are only allowed 17 Sunday openings per year, and nearer the coasts they choose more summer Sundays. Filling stations will also do the bare essentials to keep you going, and the bars and restaurants will all be open in June.

3. Re: ? Supermarkets open on Sundays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Mojacar