We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mijas Costa .... What is there to do?

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
Mijas Costa .... What is there to do?

Hi am looking at a villa in Mijas Costa, we have never been here before so i was looking for some information on what there is to do.

There will be 12 of us travelling, 8 adults and 5 children ages 2 - 10.

Will this area be any good for us?

Thanks

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,694 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mijas Costa .... What is there to do?

Yes it will! Which bit of the coast are you going to? Each town along the coast has its own attractions and depends on what you are looking for?

Fuengirola has a zoo, marina, market, good shopping, lots of bars and restaurants and a great paseo and beach.

Torremolinos - has a more Spanish feel but also has a good beach and is linked to Benalmadena, via La Carihuela, by a long paseo. Carihuela has wonderful restaurants and bars.

Benalmadena has bars, a marina, Sealife Centre, Selwo Marina - with dolphins and so much more, Paloma Park with little rabbits and chickens running free and a beautiful lake and gardens, a cable car ride up to the top of the mountain with fabulous views, a Bhuddist Stupa, a butterfly centre - which is amazing, a ferry to Fuengirola, the Tivoli amusement park and lots of bars and restaurants.

If you give us a bit more info we will be able to give you more advice.

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mijas Costa .... What is there to do?

Hi thanks for your reply it is this villa i am looking at

Property S17581

www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/s17581.htm…

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,694 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mijas Costa .... What is there to do?

Your nearest town then would be La Cala which is a small town with a lovely beach and a good selection of bars, shops and restaurants. They also have a market on Wednesday and Saturdays. I think where you will be is up in the hills on the other side of the motorway.

Where it is situated you will definitely need a hire car as there is no public transport up there. Fuengirola is the nearest big town and you can also go up into the mountain to Mijas Pueblo which is a bit touristy but has donkey taxis and some amazing views so well worth a visit.

Edited: 25 January 2012, 21:31
Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mijas Costa .... What is there to do?

Thanks, i dont think this is the one then.

Looking for somewhere that we wouldnt need cars.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,694 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mijas Costa .... What is there to do?

Depending on if you want to do a lot of travelling around you will need to look for somewhere with good public transport and near to the airport so I would suggest you look for something in the area between Torremolinos and Benalmadena. There are lots of things to do and they are both on the rail link to Malaga City and you can get buses along the coast to Fuengirola, La Cala, and Marbella.

Also you will most likely have to look at apartments as most villas are in the hills but there may be some on here who will be able to give you some ideas.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mijas Costa .... What is there to do?

I would agree most villas of that size will be more 'out of the way' and require a car to get about.

Mijas, Spain
Level Contributor
37 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mijas Costa .... What is there to do?

There is also a fabulous large water park, technically in Mijas, but very close to Fuengirola centre, open every day from Easter to October.

8. Re: Mijas Costa .... What is there to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2013, 09:40
Get answers to your questions about Mijas
Recent Conversations