We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Granada

Crewkerne, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Granada

Will be in Frig in June and want to visit Granada and also the Alhambra Palace. Presume driving is best but did wonder if there are any coaches or tours from Frigiliana. Intend to visit the Palace on one day and then go another day just to see Granada itself.

Cullercoats, United...
Level Contributor
520 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Granada

Don't know of any coach trips from Frigiliana but I am sure there will be ones from Nerja, or you could catch the local bus to Granada from Nerja. You can get the bus from Frigiliana to nerja.

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Granada

no coach tours from frigiliana. bus to nerja 1 euro

but plenty from nerja not used this company but know people who have

guideofnerja.com/pages/…jaimetours.en.htm

driving is easy parking good

granada is a great city and well worth the visit.

let us know what you intend to do and can advise you further.

remember to get alhambra tickets before you go

how about an overnight stay then the driver can frequent of the great tapas bars as well

Crewkerne, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Granada

Had every intention of driving to alhambra but notice they only have 500 car parking spaces yet let in a few thounsand people per day. We are a bit worried that we book say for the 2pm entry to the Alhambra and then find we cannot get a parking space. Would consider staying in or near Granada if there is somewhere to park the car we could then go to the palace first thing in the morning (realise we need to book ahead of time)

Would need somewhere very reasonable to stay as we are not flushed with cash 'unfortunately'!!! Any recommendations? Also do you know if the bus from Nerja to Granada drops you anywhere near the palace should we consider that route? Thanks in anticipation of your help on this. Dot

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Granada

let me start by saying i am not the best person to ask, maybe post on granada forum and get some more knowledgeable info.

visited a couple of times and had no problem parking, never in high season through but i have heard should not be a lot of hassle even if you have to look around forspace.

i stayed a number of years ago at barcelo not the cheapest, i bet you could get better value

taxis about 10e to alhambra from bus station

you will enjoy granada if you make the trip

5. Re: Getting to Granada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 21:16
Get answers to your questions about Frigiliana
More Frigiliana Topics