We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air con necessary in June?

w62
London
Level Contributor
828 posts
183 reviews
Save Topic
Air con necessary in June?

As you know I was in Frig in May and whilst our villa did have air con, we most certainly did not need it! We are going back next year but this time in June (7th for two weeks) and I have found a villa called Los Tajos which looks good. It's a 3 bed at the top of the road down to the gorge - ie just below the Sugar Cane factory. Has anyone stayed there? It seems to tick all of our boxes but unfortunately it doesn't have air con. Do you think we will need it? I am aware that it will be a lot hotter at that time of year - it was getting quite steamy the last few days we were there, but would being in the mountain mean that it would be cooler in the evenings? The owner does supply electric fans.

Tanya

Coin, Spain
Level Contributor
581 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air con necessary in June?

Of course not, I have been living in southern Spain since 2001 - and I have still not bought any AC.

w62
London
Level Contributor
828 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air con necessary in June?

Thanks. We didn't need it in Menorca in June last year either but I just thought it could be a lot hotter down south.

Coin, Spain
Level Contributor
581 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air con necessary in June?

Its normally not so hot in June normally not more than 30 (Celcius), August is the hottest month.

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air con necessary in June?

i my opinion you will not need it. maybe for august but thats all.

every one is diff keep the blinds closed during the day and a wee fan is as good as anything.

i do not like a/c at the best of times as too many bugs from it.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air con necessary in June?

Keep the blinds closed in the bedrooms being the most important thing! You'd be amazed at how many people let the sun flood in all day and then go 'ooh it's warm...'. You don't leave your car in the sun, so don't leave your bedroom in the sun.

If the villa is properly designed then the upstairs windows won't face west.

June is usually fine, as said above it's August that has the killer nights.

w62
London
Level Contributor
828 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air con necessary in June?

Thanks everyone. Who would have thought I would be worried about it being too hot after all the whinging I did when I was there a few weeks ago! :-))

7. Re: Air con necessary in June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Frigiliana
More Frigiliana Topics