We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Resort ?

Lancashire
Level Contributor
540 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Which Resort ?

Have never been to Cala Millor / Cala Bona before and thought we would give it a try, looking to come early Sept for 2 weeks and wondered if anyone of you regulars could recommend a nice Hotel Half Board (not too expensive). We are a couple early 60,s we like a nice stroll during in the day(not too hilly as I have heart problems) and we enjoy some evening entertainment, cabaret etc. Just wondered which resort would be best for us, don,t like noisy disco,s etc but don,t want it too quiet. Hope you can help us decide. Thanks.

Edited: 24 June 2010, 11:42
wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Resort ?

I think Hotel Protur Alicia in Cala Bona would suit you perfectly as it ticks all your boxes.It is in the Portland Holidays programme who seem to have a virtual monopoly on it through the summer.Live evening entertainment but there is always a single bingo card before the show-you don't have to play.Hotel Levante (Thomsons) also has evening shows but when I stayed there it seemed a lot more crowded and not as relaxed as Alicia where I have stayed twice.From both hotel walk into CB centre is only 5 minutes on the flat and 10 minutes to Cala Millor and the massive beach there.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Resort ?

Totally agree with Wirral Scouse about the Alicia-lovely hotel,going back again in 10 days for the 5th time,cant fault it ! you could also have a look at the Bonamar also very good. Just found out Thomas Cook are doing all the Thomson/portland hotels in Cala Bona now-don't know how it will effect the

Levante with it being a Thomson Gold hotel

Liz

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Resort ?

Liz that is very interesting news about Thomas Cook getting a foothold in the TUI hotels in Cala Bona.Maybe the hotel owners don't want to have all their eggs in the TUI basket-wise move I say because at present the Thomson/Portland virtual monopoly gives TUI strong bargaining power in dictating to the hoteliers.Elsewhere in Majorca I see TUI are dictating to Hotel Santa Lucia,Palma Nova that they must offer All Inclusive.I hope AI never comes to CB as it is a killer for local bars/restos.

So no surprises for you shortly at Alicia.You know what to expect and we know don't we it is really good,top grade for an official 3* hotel.

Just a small point and I hesitate to finish on a downer but it might alert others.Last time we were at Alicia 2 years ago on a Portland package there seemed to be a dubious practice with the waiters in the entertainment lounge.As we (and others) were watching the show they delivered drinks to the table,we paid with a banknote and the change did not arrive.At the end of the show on 3 occasions I had to identify the waiter and ask for my change.Never any argument but I did think that some of the more elderly,less alert guests might have forgotten about their change.I am not talking here about a tip of 10% which they could assume was intended but a significant amount eg paying for 8 euros worth of drinks with a 20 euro note.It must have worked for them otherwise they wouldn't do it.

Have a great trip.Wish I was going there again soon.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Resort ?

WS thanks for the advise,that sounds really awful,but we like to go for a stroll in the evening ,so dont stay in the hotel......but i see what you mean about the really elderly being conned!!!! only 9 days now cant wait

5. Re: Which Resort ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Cala Millor