We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cala Millor or Cala D'Or

Wales
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Cala Millor or Cala D'Or

My wife and I, who are both in our 60s, are planning a May break in Majorca and can't make up our minds to go to Calla Millor or Cala D'Or. We are looking for somewhere fairly lively - plenty of shops and a nice promenade to walk - and would be grateful for advice. We have previously stayed in Palma Nova and Alcudia, but would like to go to somwhere different.

Cardi 1

Mentioned in this post
Majorca
Majorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Cala d'Or
Cala d'Or
Majorca, Spain
Alcudia
Alcudia
Majorca, Spain
devon
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cala Millor or Cala D'Or

Hi, Have never been to Cala D'or, but had 2 weeks in Cala Bona, (which runs into Cala Millor )last May and enjoyed it so much we booked Cala Milllor for this May as soon as we got home. We are similar age group to yourselves, and found it a lovely area to stroll, as the promenade area is very flat. Lot's of lovely bars, shops to browse in, and a good local bus service. A lovely peaceful area enjoyed by couples and families. Like yourselves, we love Alcudia and Palma Nova, but would not hesitate to recommend this area to our friends. Hope this is helpful. Regards!

Mentioned in this post
Cala d'Or
Cala d'Or
Majorca, Spain
Cala Bona
Cala Bona
Majorca, Spain
Cala Millor
Cala Millor
Majorca, Spain
Alcudia
Alcudia
Majorca, Spain
Wales
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cala Millor or Cala D'Or

Many thanks for your reply. It is greatly appreciated.

Cardi1

Essex
Destination Expert
for Cala Bona
Level Contributor
557 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cala Millor or Cala D'Or

Cala Millor/Cala Bona would be my choice too. Lovely area, very safe to walk in the evenings and a fantastic beach. As the previous post - there are loads of lovely shops/bars/restaurants and a great pedestrianised walk between the two resorts (takes about 15/20 minutes stroll end to end). We always stay at the Cala Bona end so we have the walk into Cala Millor in the evenings after dinner. Check out the posts for hotels - Alicia is good, Bonamar is adults only and recommended (by me), Levante is a Thomson Gold that has good entertainment. Bigron52 always stays at the Moreyo and says it's great. The beaches at Cal D'Or are very small and there is often quite a walk between them. We went a few years ago when the children were small and seemed that we didn't have 'our' space on the beach and felt like offering our drinks and biscuits to people alongside as they were so close!

Mentioned in this post
Cala Millor
Cala Millor
Majorca, Spain
Cala Bona
Cala Bona
Majorca, Spain
leeds
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cala Millor or Cala D'Or

hi there , very interested in your comments above, could you recommed a hotel in cala dor that is nxt to beach and is has good food, and child friendly?

can u advise wether there is a good selection of shop there or not, thanks

Yorkshire UK
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cala Millor or Cala D'Or

I would confirm everything that has been said to date . I think Cala Millor/Cala Bona would be best . I am slightly older that you and reasonably fit . Cala Bona and Cala Millor are very flat with almost no slopping ground so you can walk for miles without any gradients at all. If you do want something more challenging you can go onto the headland past Cala Millor which is used as a sort of nature type trail where building is not allowed. Cala Bona harbour itself has no beach but obviously has sea views from the Cala Bona Hotel.

A number of new but mature small beaches have been created between Cala Bona and Cala Millor and then you have a huge beach area of Cala Millor bay.

The two resorts are perfect for people of our age and you will discover that you will never see any trouble at all. It is a really nice area

Mentioned in this post
Cala Millor
Cala Millor
Majorca, Spain
Cala Bona
Cala Bona
Majorca, Spain
Essex
Destination Expert
for Cala Bona
Level Contributor
557 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cala Millor or Cala D'Or

Sorry I can't recommend any hotels in Cala D'or - I can't remember where we stayed!! Post on the Cala D'or forum. If you want any good hotels in Cala Bona then I can help.

Mentioned in this post
Cala d'Or
Cala d'Or
Majorca, Spain
Cala Bona
Cala Bona
Majorca, Spain
Yateley, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cala Millor or Cala D'Or

We have went to Cala d'or in 2008 but the Hotel was about 20 mins from the Beach and the centre. We then tried Cala Egos and stayed at the Hotel Corfu which is right on the beach and was really nice. It was also about 5 mins walk to the centre of the Town with plenty of shops/bars/restaurants.

We have decided to try Cala Millor this year , and will be at the Play del Muro in 3 weeks, as we would prefer a long sandy beach to the small coves of Cala D'or and Cala Egos.

If you do go to Cala D,or you must visit The Little Tavern , a British Bar run by a really nice couple , Steve & Debs, if you do then say hello from me.

Mentioned in this post
Cala d'Or
Cala d'Or
Majorca, Spain
Cala Millor
Cala Millor
Majorca, Spain
The Little Tavern
The Little Tavern
242 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Newcastle
Level Contributor
337 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cala Millor or Cala D'Or

Cala Millor everytime!

Mentioned in this post
Cala Millor
Cala Millor
Majorca, Spain
middlesbrough
Level Contributor
18 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cala Millor or Cala D'Or

Where can I buy a sun lounger in either cala bona or callor millor?

Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cala Millor or Cala D'Or

Has anyone stayed in the cala millor garden hotel just wanted to know the kinds of food they will be serving? Thankyou

Get answers to your questions about Cala Millor