We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Talayot - Cala Millor

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
203 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Talayot - Cala Millor

Thinking about taking a late booking to this hotel next week (12th March). Will there be things to do at this time of year. Have looked at the weather forecast and it doesn't look that great. Will shops/bars be open in Cala Millor. Thanks for any help.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,572 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Talayot - Cala Millor

It will be decidedly quiet still but there should be a few bars and restaurants open, most places won't get going until the Easter weekend and even then not all until the season gets going at the start if May, but a few hotels do stay open pretty much all year and due to the amount of private rentals and local population something is always open.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Talayot - Cala Millor

Talayot is an absolute bargain early season through Thomson.I invite you to consider:- flight/transfer/HB in a decent 3* hotel for a week for £300 each. Hotel is right on the border Cala Bona/Cala Millor seafront. As trinet said there are enough places open not to think you are in a ghost town. I had priced it and we would go for it except the Thomson flights depart 6 am. That's ridiculous if it is not bootcamp. Get up at 2.30 am. SS&S and breakfast, dept home at 3.30 for Manchester Airport.No thanks.Don't have to so won't.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Talayot - Cala Millor

....and first cervesa at 4:45am!...salut!! :-)

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Talayot - Cala Millor

Nice one Chunks.Love it. And there will always be others drinking pints too at that unearthly hour.Not necessarily pax for Majorca though.But probably.Just keep away from the stag/hen T shirt groups!

england
Level Contributor
255 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Talayot - Cala Millor

As has been said, Cala Millor will be quiet at this time of the year but a few places will be open for food/drinks.

The Talayot Hotel is lovely at this time of the year if you just want rest and relaxation.

The hotel has the benefit of an indoor pool and jacuzzi so you can swim what ever the weather.

They have pool tables, big screen tv, card table and a lovely conservatory for sitting reading and having lunches which are basic but very good prices.

The Hotel is always warm and cosy and staff are friendly, perfect get away from the miserable weather here.

Winsford, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Talayot - Cala Millor

We (hubby) and myself are going back to the Talayot the week before Easter going from Manchester yes very early start .If possible can someone olease tell me if there any services in the resort to mark Palm Sunday the last time we where there saw quite a few people carrying some sort of twigs looking forward to a spring break

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Talayot - Cala Millor

See it-book it. Earlier this week cg 3 March a week's Thomson package holiday at Hotel Talayot HB from Manchester was £287 per person of 2 for mid March..That was for flights,transfers and HB in this 3* hotel.I have checked it out tonight and it is £377 per person for same.

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Talayot - Cala Millor

Yes we almost booked this but flying from Birmingham - really cheap package, about £300 per person half board but it was for 11 nights and we can't afford to take that much holiday with 2 other holidays also planned for this year. Seemed too good to be true. We're now going independently to Porto do Soller for 7 nights the run in to Easter. Grab it if its still a keen price.

scotland
Level Contributor
184 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Talayot - Cala Millor

flying out from newcastle on 22/3 .. again at that unearthly hour of 6am, add on 2 hour drive from glasgow and its still struck me as a bargain at £300, now sitting at £369 or there abouts so not complaining. looking forward to goin back to cala millor as i havnt been back there since the summer of 1982, will be interesting to see just how much development there has been, happy holidays to everyone wherever you lay your beach towel.

Winsford, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Talayot - Cala Millor

It looks like there are serveral early morning flights to Palma at

this time of the year, early coffee at the airport husband has to be a pint regardless what time of day it is.

Get answers to your questions about Cala Millor