We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Globales Sumba/Borneo

Which Cala Millor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cleethorpes, United...
Level Contributor
379 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Globales Sumba/Borneo

We are visiting Cala Millor for the first time beginning of September and cannot wait.

2 questions please

The location of the Globales Sumba/Borneo , I understand that it is at one end of the resort is it the Cala Bona end or opposite? If it is the opposite end would it take a long time to get to Cala Bona ?

Also, what is the shopping like in these resorts are there a decent amount of shops ?

Many thanks in anticipation

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Globales Sumba/Borneo

They are at the Sa Coma end of Cala Millor the opposite end to Cala Bona. Very good hotels I have stayed at Sumba.Predominantly German guests.Would take 30 minutes to walk to CB marina. Or you could take the Sa Coma-Cala Millor-Cala Bona road train-expensive for what it is.

Many more shops in Cala Millor of all types.Best quality/variety shopping not too far away is in Manacor which is more a residents' place than a holiday resort.In all my years of visiting Majorca I hadn't been in to the town centre of Manacor until 3 months ago. So now I know what it's like! Manacor has a weekly market which is larger than the weekly market in Son Servera the nearest to Cala Millor.

Cleethorpes, United...
Level Contributor
379 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Globales Sumba/Borneo

Thank you for taking the time to reply Wirralscouse, how far would you say it is from the hotels to the centre of Cala Millor ?

liz

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Globales Sumba/Borneo

Half a mile at most. 2 miles+ to Cala Bona marina along the seafront. It's a pleasant walk.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
396 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Globales Sumba/Borneo

We have also stayed at the sumba Borneo and walked into cala bona many a night ... Really not that far to the shops at cala millor ... Lots of shops to choose from , from the perfume shops to lovely little clothes shops ... We hired bikes for a few days .. If you don't fancy the walk :) have a good time .

Cleethorpes, United...
Level Contributor
379 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Globales Sumba/Borneo

Thanks for info everyone .... Just one more question please does anyone know how big the room safes are here ie are they big enough to accommodate an iPad ?

Cheers, Liz

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
396 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Globales Sumba/Borneo

Yes Elizabeth they was ..:)

Chatham, Kent
Level Contributor
55 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Globales Sumba/Borneo

We have stayed at both hotels and found them to be very good, especially the food. If you decide to hire bicycles then the cheapest place is just along from the hotel. Come out the hotel, turn right and then take the first or second turning on the left and the hire place is 50 yards down on the right hand side. Enjoy.

Cleethorpes, United...
Level Contributor
379 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Globales Sumba/Borneo

Thanks Tricky Dicky we go a week on Sunday cannot wait now my case is packed already :-)

Liz

paignton
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Globales Sumba/Borneo

Hi liz

Thinking of booking this hotel next year, which hotel were you put in either the. Sumba or the borneo, any information would be grateful.

Thanks jill

Chatham, Kent
Level Contributor
55 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Globales Sumba/Borneo

Hi, we have stayed in both hotels and there is not much difference between them. They are next door to each other so the location is pretty much the same. The food in both is very good. We prefer the area round the pool at the Borneo as the layout suits us slightly better to that at the Sumba.

We usually book through Alpharooms where it is not possible to specify which hotel you want. We are going back in a couple of weeks and really don't mind which hotel we are allocated to.

Hope that helps.

Richard

Get answers to your questions about Cala Millor
Recent Conversations