We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cashpoint in Cala Millor

surrey
Level Contributor
723 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Cashpoint in Cala Millor

My daughter is going on her first trip abroad and is concerned about getting money - I assume that there must be a number of Cashpoints, but it would be reassuring to confirm this. Are they in Banks, or local shops?

Thank you

Buggy 4 Fun
Day Trips, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Viu Aventura
Scuba & Snorkeling, Climbing Tours, Canyoning & Rappelling Tours
Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,563 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cashpoint in Cala Millor

Cashpoints are the same as here, usually in shop or bank fronts and she will have no problem finding them. Bear in mind though there may be charges to withdraw from her bank for each transaction, only Santander cards (used in a Santander cashpoint) or pre charged debit cards are without charge to withdraw cash.

I realise this is a regular question but Mallorca is not a third world country, only the very smallest villages dont have the same facilities as here.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,254 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cashpoint in Cala Millor

Yep, I can confirm we have plenty of cash points on the Island.

As trinet stated, Mallorca is not a third world country.

surrey
Level Contributor
723 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cashpoint in Cala Millor

Thank you to both of you - good to know that Santander dont charge. I appreciate it's not third world, but I have to confess my ignorance of Mallorca, and have based my lack of knowledge on some resorts in other countries which I have been to eg small Italian towns, and Greek Islands, where cashpoints are not always readily found.

I did think that somewhere that had two Burger Kings must have cashpoints :-)

Any other advice would be much appreciated, however im sure that two teenage girls on their first trip abroad wont necessarily be looking for the authentic Tapas bar that I'd be looking out for.

Thank you, again.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,563 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cashpoint in Cala Millor

Cala Millor is a nice resort, one of the larger and oldest ones on the island, especially when you consider it has Sa Coma at one end and Cala Bona at the other, each with the own unique atmosphere, the result is virtually three resorts in one stretched over a couple of miles, you have no worries for safety there, its more a family resort but does have some safe nightlife for youngsters with loads of restaurants, bars and eateries.

Essex
Destination Expert
for Cala Bona
Level Contributor
544 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cashpoint in Cala Millor

Cala Millor and Cala Bona are primarily family resorts with just one or two clubs so no large groups of teens roaming around. Plenty of bars have music and there is a fun park near to Sa Coma if they want a silly night out on the go-karts! We were happy for our teens to wander in the evenings.

6. Re: Cashpoint in Cala Millor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2014, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Cala Millor