We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Son Balo Hotel.... whats it like

Which Ca'n Picafort hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Neath
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Son Balo Hotel.... whats it like

I have not been to Majorca for about 20years, basically since i was a child.. I have booked to go to the SOn Baulo Hotel next july for 10days with my son and my freind and her daughter., the kids will be 3,

can anyone let me know what he hotel is like, is the food ok etc as we are going half board, the entertainment for kids etc.

Also would like to know more about what is round the area, as i have never been to Can picafort.

Thanks

Essex
Destination Expert
for Cala Bona
Level Contributor
530 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Son Balo Hotel.... whats it like

Not stayed at the Son Baulo Hotel but we were at The Picafort Park just up the road. The hotel is on the beach that has a beach bar and the usual sun loungers and umbrellas. There are some shops (mainly selling beach related stuff), bars and small supermarket nearby. The walk into Ca'n Picafort would take at least 30 minutes along the seafront. There is a bus stop opposite the hotel and the number 2 bus leaves every 15 minutes into C'an Picafort so that would save you the walk. The bus also goes along to Alcudia (fantastic beach and the stop after the beach is Alcudia old town which is lovely) and then to Puerto Pollensa (absolutely lovely beach, very safe for children with super promenade along the Pine Walk). C'an Picafort has the usual shops/bars/restaurants and is busy, as the main street runs throught it, so pavement space is limited especially if you have a pushchair. Check out the reviews for the hotel on TA. Hope this helps.

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Son Balo Hotel.... whats it like

hi,we stayed there last July and found the hotel very nice.

Son Balou area is very low key,nothing much happening on a night-time,so best bet is to head for Can picafort or Alcudia.

Although saying the hotel is nice and the food being very good,i think it is over-priced for what it is.

there are better and cheaper hotels out there.

UNITED KINGDOM
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Son Balo Hotel.... whats it like

We have just returned from this hotel, we found it to be superb location, sea view rooms are the best. Food is reasonable, and plentiful. Evening entertaiment was fun, kids disco half eight for half an hour, bingo not so good and generally some entertaining acts half nine onwards.

Super market on the Friday, staff helpful and friendly and we want to go back. Rooms cleaned daily and generally a good hotel, would def rec it!

uk
Level Contributor
35 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Son Balo Hotel.... whats it like

We have been going to the Son Baulo for 14 years and will be going again in four weeks time. Your children will love it. There is a lovely splash pool for the younger children and I am sure they will love the kids mini disco every night. You have the beach on the doorstep so walking to the beach with the children is very convenient. The hotel staff are wonderful. So helpful and very friendly. The hotel is spotless and the food is fantastic. I am sure you will have a fab time.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Son Balo Hotel.... whats it like

We went to the Son Baulo last year when my daughter was 18 months old and have booked again for this September. Its great for kids, one thing I would say is that the children's pools are a bit cold but other than that we loved it. Absolutely no complaints with the food we always found plenty to choose from. Kids disco was just enough for us and it was good that they did the same things as my little girl got to learn the songs. I have seen reports that the hotel is basic but there is everything you could need. You'll have a good time.

Essex
Level Contributor
34 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Son Balo Hotel.... whats it like

We are going this August and I wondered whether anyone could tell me how long the transfer takes from Palma and whether the coaches tend to drop off at lots of other hotels first? We are thinking of hiring a car and just driving ourselves there.

Really looking forward to the Son Baulo - the reviews seem pretty good!

uk
Level Contributor
35 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Son Balo Hotel.... whats it like

The transfer takes about an hour. The past couple of times we have been the first or second drop off. I can't say for sure that this will be the case when you go. It all depends on where the other clients are staying. Hopefully they will all be in the son baulo area. On the return journey however the son baulo does tend to be one of the first pick ups so you may have to go round the houses a bit before making your way to the airport.

UNITED KINGDOM
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Son Balo Hotel.... whats it like

hi, we went round the houses, I would try and get a direct route. We did on the return, and used a local firm who took us straight to the airport in 45minutes for 75 euro, which took 6 of us and our cases.

Would recommend that or driving.

Essex
Level Contributor
34 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Son Balo Hotel.... whats it like

Thanks very much for the replies, will look into going there direct then I think!

leics
Level Contributor
76 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Son Balo Hotel.... whats it like

Hi

If you are booked with a tour operator with transfer included,that should be ok, about an hour, if you are travelling independently and arranging your own transfer,it varies, the last 2 yrs we have used local taxis about 140 euros return, up to 4 people, takes 50 mins. before that we used a shuttle service bus, its a cheap way of travel but it can take up to 4 hrs, by the time it drops off at polensa ,alcudia, can picafort , resort hopper say they do a Speedy Shuttle with only 4 stops for an extra charge? have yet to see any reviews if this is true.

enjoy.

Get answers to your questions about Ca'n Picafort
Recent Conversations