We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can Picafort of Porto Cristo?

Groningen, The...
10 posts
Save Topic
Can Picafort of Porto Cristo?

Hope you can help us out!

We are going to Mallorca in August and found two apartments: one in Porto Cristo close to the beach and one in Can Picafort, near the JS resort (?)

Still doubting what will be a better place to stay for a week.

We are with four, 2 older people (51 and 52) and my boyfriend and me (23 and 28)

We would like to go to the beach (ofcourse), go out for dinner (no cafe's or clubs!), see some markets, strolling around, maybe go cycling and go for a daytrip to Palma. (we're not sure about hiring a car, but if we will hire one we will be hiring it for a day or so)

So none of us has ever been to Mallorca, and we really dont know which place is better for us to stay. Both has restaurants, a beach and can be reached by public transport.

We would like to stay in a kind of quiet place, but there has to be enough to do.

I heard about Porto Cristo that is really dead there, and i'm afraid that Can Picafort is full with screaming tourists which are going to clubs all night etc, loud germans, drunk english people (correct me if im wrong)

So what will be your advise for us? :)

Mentioned in this post
Porto Cristo
Porto Cristo
Majorca, Spain
Buggy 4 Fun
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Karting Can Picafort
Game & Entertainment Centres
Buggy Xperience
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
London, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can Picafort of Porto Cristo?

In my opinion, Ca'n Picafort is nothing like you've described it. I've been in August when it's at it's busiest. It has bars and restaurants, yes, but when I walked through the strip at night with my other half, I found none of them a problem nor did I feel unsafe.

In the same way, non of the Germans and Brits I met were in any way loud or obscene. You'll get 1 or 2 idiots everywhere in the world but the streets at night are pleasent to stroll and you'll meet some wonderful people in the many cafes and restaurants.

Overall, I'd rate Ca'n Picafort a nice family resort and I'd recommend it to you based on your needs. Fabulous beach, nice restaurants, not so busy that you have to walk on the roads in the main area but not so dead that you have to go looking for people/places.

But have a look on the main board as people often post topics about other areas they might want to go to just like you.

Mentioned in this post
Ca'n Picafort
Ca'n Picafort
Majorca, Spain
2. Re: Can Picafort of Porto Cristo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Ca'n Picafort
Recent Conversations