We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DIY trips to Alcudia or somewhere ??

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
251 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
DIY trips to Alcudia or somewhere ??

Hi all, we are staying at the Viva Ca'n Picafort in August. 2 ad 2 Children, both age 5. Now, I'm kind of thinking, would a little trip out on the local bus be a good idea. Is there anywhere worth seeing whilst we are there. The kids are quite adaptable and I would say as long as there is an ice cream in it at the end for them, they will be content to go if we want to. So basically, based on the fact that yes we the mummies would like to have a venture out of the resort - is there anywhere worth going to that is close enough - or would we be going from one beach and shops and supermarkets to another beach with shops and supermarkets ??

Alcudia Old Town for example? Has anyone visited - is it worth while ? Is the beach at Alcudia as I remember it in that it has long white sands and shallow waters still (went there approx 27 years ago)

leamington Spa
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DIY trips to Alcudia or somewhere ??

Alcudia old town is definatly worth the trip. Busses run very regular and only cost a few euros and takes about 30 to 45 mins to old town. The port is a very pleasent stop, its where the shallow water is that you remember, though the port is very much more modern. Its the stop before old town on the bus. There is a market in old town 2 days a week, perhaps someone else can tell you what days, I avoid markets like the plague!! Also there is a mini train that goes around Picafort, that should keep younsters happy for an hour. If you stay on the bus a bit longer you get to porto polenca, that too is a very nice place to visit.and you can catch various boat trips there, Enjoy your stay

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
251 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DIY trips to Alcudia or somewhere ??

Many thanks for your reply. I think we will definitely take a look at Old Town, even if just for a swift half of cold beer and a paninni !!

The train around picafort will come in handy to, thanks

Wales
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: DIY trips to Alcudia or somewhere ??

Hi. We were in Ca'n Picafort last August. I have two small children but we like a trip so decided to take a trip to the market in the old town of Alcudia. The busses run regularly and it took about 45 minutes. Very busy on Market day (Cant remember but think its a Saturday). The journey there was ok as we got on at the first stop and had seats, however be warned the busses get absouloutely rammed. We walked back from the old port to the harbour which was about 20 minutes as the queues for the busses were huge. When we caught the bus from the harbour I had to stand holding my 2 year old all the way as he decided to fall asleep (No one will give you their seat.) . The wife stood at the front and my daughter was literally sitting on the dashboard of the bus. Great fun.

Ca'n Picafort is really nice. Enjoy.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
251 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DIY trips to Alcudia or somewhere ??

oo really looking forward to it, especially now knowing that the resort is nice. August can't come soon enough ! I spotted the jammed buses last year in Menorca so guessing that they are the same in Majorca. Might have to be an early bus ride to make life a bit easier

5. Re: DIY trips to Alcudia or somewhere ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Ca'n Picafort