We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
weather

What is the weather like in majorca at this present time please

Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

The weathers ok not fantastic and few rainy nights. Very overcast. We're here now. Wish we waited for later in year. Highs of 22

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

I don't know where you're staying, but in the north and east of the island it was about 26c and pure sun today.

Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

Can picafort

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

...which is in the north east of the island.Interesting contrast of opinions.

Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

I had no idea where abouts it was to be honest. I was sitting round the pool today and it was lovely then went overcast and then breezy and I sat with a towel over me for a while. Much similar to other days in the week. One night we stayed in because it was raining and I only brought sandals and no coat. When it's sunny at 23 which I think is the highest for us this week it's nice. I haven't ventured into the pool at all because I don't feel it's been warm enough. You take the chance but ill waiting later into the season if I ever came to majorca again

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: weather

Ahh, now I understand. it was lovely, then some clouds came.

My thermometer (not far south of Can Picafort) read 32 this afternoon, but that was in the full sun, so I figure it to be about 25-26 (as the weather websites also said it was). . And yes, it became cloudy at about 17:00. But that isn't "overcast and 22". It's "26 in the afternoon, some clouds moved in later and it got cooler as the evening went on".

In fact right now, at 10:33 PM, my thermometer reads 19c, and that's what every weather service says, so I tend to believe it.

I suspect you might have bought Mallorca in May expecting Antigua in August, and it didn't work out that way. Go to Antigua next year. You'll be happier with it.

Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather

Haha no it wasn't it was 23 tops even by all the weather Data. Nice in the sun but cool when overcast. I don't see ur issue to be honest. I'm giving my opinion. It's ok weather not fantastic not bad enough to spoil a holiday. It's cool at nights and i wished I'd brought a jacket. Like I said I wished I had held off til later in the year.

I booked majorca in may not expecting Antigua at all. If I wanted Antigua I would of went there.

Back to the point, if you like warm holidays then hold off a little for the weather to be a bit warmer. It's not awful weather, few rain spells and overcast but enough sun to get a few hours round the pool, but I won't be getting in.

Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather

And was also overcast throughout the day for us not just from 5.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather

23C is an ideal temperature for we brits (if the sun is out).Anything over that and we begin to moan.July you can get 40C in Majorca which is impossible to live with.Aircon is essential June-September and fortunately all hotels but the cheapest have it.

Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather

Yeah nice if the sun is out. When I go away i just like the temperature a little warmer and a bit more sun. On a good summers day we can get 23 in the uk which is warm for home. It's all difference of opinion but I agree with a lot of the people I've spoke to on my holiday that the weather hasn't been fantastic (torrential rain when we landed aswell lol)

Get answers to your questions about Ca'n Picafort
Recent Conversations