We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just back,a few changes

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
just back,a few changes

hi all.

just back from the son baulo area of ca'n picafort.

a couple of changes since our last visit last oct,shennagins or pj's is now closed up and the little bar opposite scandals has opened up called punt

,was fairly busy some nights.

manola in scandals still mad as ever,crazy horse was busy too,though the don jaun was very,very quiet.

manola said most bars have been struggling since the picafort park went a/i.

ca'n picafort town was still lovely,busy in baracuda and skau,though the main street seemed to go dead after midnight.

the little bar by barracuda's which i think was ship wrecked as now re opened as la punta.

the areas of son baulo and ca'n picafort where just as lovely as always.

the hotel sarah was ok for location,though we struggled with the food,only had one meal on our 5 night stay,no problem as we eat out most times anyway,plus we had the a/i at a bargain price so nothing lost in our eyes,imo the hotel is ready for a revamp,worn carpets on the landings ect.best thing about the hotel was the lovely maid on the 3rd floor "loli",what a lovely helpful woman.

be aware there is a charge for the wi fi at the hotel,though it's free at scandals bar.

regards

yozef

manchester england
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: just back,a few changes

thanks for that yozef we go back in august and are staying at the sarah, we got a good deal so like you will eat out.

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just back,a few changes

hi maximurph

meant to say also to have a good look about for a decent exchange rate.

we had 122 in the uk,but it was only around 114 in the area.we did eventually get 121 in the son baulo

back again now in oct,staying at the picafort parc this time.

btw mate,what transfers do you use,i know you are a regular visitor this is why i ask.

we use janerbus,a top notch transfer but not cheap.did the thompson transfer once when staying at the bonsai and the transfer took longer than the flight !!

might try someone else in oct,any info please.

regards

yozef

manchester england
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: just back,a few changes

thanks for the exchange rate info jozef, we use either pmi taxi 75 euro each way, if im going solo i use the resort hoppa speedy shuttle, think we are doing a october trip to for 5 days, looking forward to seeing manola and kelly in scandals and paco in the crazy horse. never stayed the picafort parc but talking to people in scandals it seems to get get reports.

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just back,a few changes

thanks for that,enjoy your stay.btw,had some good nights in the german bar "poker",the dj is a cracker !!

manchester england
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: just back,a few changes

cheers will give poker a go,

6. Re: just back,a few changes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Ca'n Picafort
Recent Conversations