We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

viva can picafort first choice transfer

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
viva can picafort first choice transfer

Hi

just wondered if anyone has experience of traveling with First Choice to Viva C'an Picafort and using the transfer included.

I realise that they journey will be at least 1.5 hours, but just wondering how much this is extended by time spent at airport and drops offs.

In summary - how soon after the plane lands can we expect to arrive there?

thanks, Emma

London, United...
Level Contributor
215 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: viva can picafort first choice transfer

Our flight touched down at 6.30pm and got to hotel at 10pm in June.

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: viva can picafort first choice transfer

Sorry can't answer your question, but we stayed here through First Choice recently and were concerned about long transfer. We pre-booked private transfer with Taxi PMI which took 45mins to 1hr I think. For the return the taxi collected us 1hr later than the coach time, so able to wake up later.

Level Contributor
31 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: viva can picafort first choice transfer

Hi I'm staying here next May and was thinking about a private transfer , do pmi just hold a sign up with your name on at airport ? How do you know what time they pick you up ? Was it expensive ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: viva can picafort first choice transfer

Yes they hold a sign and stand exactly where the map states.

When booking you have to give flight details so they can check for delays. Driver was there when we arrived, they park very close by too. We gave ages of children at booking and they brought appropriate car seats.

Yes it was expensive €70 each way. But worth it for us travelling with 18mth old and 4yr old.

Return time was arranged 24hrs before departure.

Level Contributor
31 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: viva can picafort first choice transfer

Thanks for getting back to me ! Do they email you a map ?? Did you book online ? Do they email / text to arrange departure time ? Sorry for all the questions but never used private before but I've heard the coach can take up to 3 hours !!! I too have 2 children so this would be ideal

London, United...
Level Contributor
215 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: viva can picafort first choice transfer

You can pre book taxi through first choice as add on. I like the bus jouneys as you get to see towns and other hotels for future trips. The kids mostly sleep on bus. Once bus leave Airport it is around just over hour. It was sitting about waiting on bus to fill up at Palma that seemed to take a while. The taxi picks up you can not miss as everyone leaves same door.

Level Contributor
31 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: viva can picafort first choice transfer

We do normally use the coach but have only ever done short 20 to 30 min transfers , this year I went on the coach and the children behind me were being sick most of the way !!! Just thought May make things bit easier for me 😀

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: viva can picafort first choice transfer

Yes I booked on the taxi pmi website. I paid with card in advance. You can opt to pay on arrival. I rang for departure collection time, am sure you could text or email (free wifi at hotel). They email you a map, but you can see it on their web page too now. On our arrival day we were checked into our room and out in the pool way before the coach transfer people arrived.

Level Contributor
31 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: viva can picafort first choice transfer

Oh wow that's good then , think it's definitely worth it and good you don't have to wait around for people to get on bus or wait till the bus driver has had at least 5 cigarettes ! Sounds a lot less hassle , how did you find the hotel , there seems to be a few mixed reviews recently , however the new pictures they have posted look great x

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: viva can picafort first choice transfer

We had a great time. Food was fine, not amazing but ok for all-inc. Pirate ship with slides and splash pool really good. Everywhere really clean. We didn't use the kids club so can't comment on that, but our kids enjoyed the evening kids disco with Bufo and Katty. Beach nice too

Get answers to your questions about Ca'n Picafort