We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Few questions from a first timer....

Derbyshire, UK
Level Contributor
287 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Few questions from a first timer....

Hi

I'm travelling to Majorca in October this year, arriving on 21st. Never been before so got a few questions if anyone would be kind enough to help me out ;-)

1) What is the general temperature in October? I'm not expecting blazing heat, but will we be likely to get some use out of the pool and the sea? My son will be keen to get in there!

2) We're staying at the Son Baulo Hotel. I understand that a bus to Alcudia stops outside here, any ideas how much it is return per adult? I'm assuming I wouldn't pay for my 4 year old son?

3) Are there any buses/trains from here (or local area) to Palma at all? We're keen to spend a day there?

4) I believe there is a nature reserve next to the hotel. Has anyone been here before? We're hoping to rent bikes and spend some time cycling round there, does anyone know the costs of this?

Is there anything else recommended to do in the local area. There is myself, my mum and my 4 year old son

Thanks in advance

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Few questions from a first timer....

Ok quickly;

Late October

1) low - mid 20's, high 20's on a good day. Lows around 15 after midnight. Rain is likely for at least one of those days.

2) Bus to Pto Alcudia about 3 Euros per person

3) To Palma, bus, but no direct train. I's take the bus to Sa Pobla (~20 mins) and the train to Palma (~1 hour) from there. Goes directly to the center of Palma and is quite comfortable.

4) The Albufera nature preserve is very close - probably within walking distance. But it's big, so consider it a hiking trip.

The beach is major attraction. By late October, the tourist season will be almost completely gone. But frankly, IMO that's the best time for places like Can Picafort :-) The area is permanently inhabited, so it never completely closes.

essex
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Few questions from a first timer....

Hi we stayed here in June and hoping to go back middle October. Hotel is fantastic right on the beach, staff are very friendly and wonderful food too. There is a bus stop right outside the hotel. And also a ting ting ( land train) this is €3 adults €1.50 for children takes u into centre of can picafort. U can also walk along the promande to the centre takes about 20 mins. As for the weather I'm hoping about 22 going by average. In June it was very hot 29 +.

3. Re: Few questions from a first timer....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Ca'n Picafort