We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

H/B price for bonaire-cala bona

Which Cala Bona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wolves
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
H/B price for bonaire-cala bona

Does anyone know where I can get prices for half board at the bonaire aparthotel?

On thompson website, it only shows self catering price?

Ideally, i would like to book flights and hotel seperately.

I have tried to email hotel, but had no reply after 3 days?

There will be 2 adults, 1 child aged 3, and 1 infant aged 1, for 10 nights in June 09.

Many Thanks

cambridge
Level Contributor
545 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: H/B price for bonaire-cala bona

If you dont hear from the hotel direct, you could always try and negotiate when you get there, doubt whether they would charge for your 1 yr old. from what I remember charges p.p. breakfast was 5 eu and evening meal was 13 eu, but sure discounts available for 10 night stay, there are bars serving food in the area by the harbour, and supermarket as well, this is a Thomson only hotel, may be they prefer if you book a package with them for the best deals.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: H/B price for bonaire-cala bona

Be assured that you can book HB at Bonaire which is a good choice.I have tried a phantom online booking on the Thomson website from Birmingham your nearest airport.There is a website fault which I think is what you have encountered. As soon as you introduce a variation from the S/C first option the site fails.I would try a phone enquiry. If they say they cannot give it to you at the online price just say Why should I pay for your website weakness? I have encountered this before on Thomson/Portland.The call centre person asks the supervisor to authorise online price and you will get it.You could try to book it online with Portland but I haven't tried that for you.

I usually book the component parts of my Majorca holiday separately as you are intending. However Cala Bona is a special case.The taxi/minibus transfer cost is high so unless you need a hire car when you are there and prepared to collect and drop off at PMI the Thomson package price may,on this occasion, be your best option as it includes coach transfer and you do have 2 infants to consider.

Good luck.Persevere.

midlands uk
Level Contributor
172 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: H/B price for bonaire-cala bona

Hi,We have been to the Bonaire on 3 occassions and returning this year again.

Firstly you can only book this hotel via Thomson .It cannot be booked via protur (owner) or any other travel company. However you can just book the hotel alone and search for your flights else where.

With regard to the half board option It is better to book self catering and pay at the hotel reception because this way you can choose when you want to dine there or eat out at many of the brill restaurants.Also I think it is a little cheaper this way.

Any way have a Great Hol.

ireland
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: H/B price for bonaire-cala bona

I was wondering this myself so I made a call to Thomson on Sunday and was told

breakfast GBP 8

breakfast & dinner GBP 15

then I rang bonaire direct and was told

breakfast EURO 12

dinner EURO 15

breakfast & dinner EURO 25

if you book 6 breakfast/dinner or combo at hotel you get one free.

Realised I hadn't asked Thomson about kids prices or just dinner option so phoned today and was told

breakfast GBP 9

breakfast & dinner GBP 17

No just dinner option and no price reduction for childrens meals. the girl on the phone couldn't tell me why the prices had gone up since Sunday.

Didn't bother phoning bonaire again to ask if they offer reductions for chldren, the number for the bonaire is 0034971813733 if you have any further questions.

midlands uk
Level Contributor
172 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: H/B price for bonaire-cala bona

At the hotel you can pay for individual meals.There is a reduced or free price for children under a certain age.They do show cooking nights and we normally opt for the hotel dinner on these nights.

Once you have booked meals via thomson you are committed.It may be because of the euro that prices are changing.........

wolves
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: H/B price for bonaire-cala bona

Yes esknw,

I finally had reply back from hotel saying Half Board for adults was 25 euros each and children from 2 years are 12.5 euros.

Pay for 6 nights and get one free..

Do you think it is a good idea to sort this out now, or leave till we arrive at the hotel in June..

If at all, i guess they will increase there prices rather than prices going down ?

Cheers guys

ireland
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: H/B price for bonaire-cala bona

I am wondering the same thing, I am travelling with 3 kids 13,10 & 6 and just don't know what to do at least they give a discount for kids. Also going in June for 11 days.

wolves
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: H/B price for bonaire-cala bona

Phoned up thomson today (0871-231-4691) to get price for 9 nights s/c at the bonaire as the internet site will only do 10 instead of 9...

The girl said that the system wont allow 9 days to show up, so i will have to book the 10 days(the extra day would cost £45, not happy as that £45 could buy me 9 pints of beer :-)

Women also said the computer will only let me have half board if i book a package holiday with them?

They dont provide upgrade from room only to half board...surely thay are loosing money...

cheers

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: H/B price for bonaire-cala bona

well pauliepie you have certainly researched this thread comprehensively. Well done for sticking at it. Just a thought though. As I mentioned in my prevous reply Bonaire is a long transfer from PMI and therefore a costly 2 way one if you are not hiring a car anyway.I wouldn't altogether rule out booking the package deal with Thomson or Portland because to get the 10 nights HB stay,the flights and the transfer from them may work out not much more than if you book the component parts separately.

Incidentally I would expect many more than 9 pints for £45.Today's post on Cala Bona prices suggest 18.

Good luck.

northwood
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: H/B price for bonaire-cala bona

Hi Pauliepie.

I checked out prices for half board and it worked out at £60 per day for a family of 4 in July. I too am debating half board or self catering, but don't like to be cooped up in the hotel - so am going to go self catering as expect the cooking facilities be it basic will rustle up a couple of pasta dishes for the kids.Chris

Get answers to your questions about Cala Bona
Recent Conversations