We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daft question - Take Aways

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
229 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Daft question - Take Aways

Hi

We are staying at the Bonaire for a week in May. Will have our 15 month old baby with us so night outs not really on the agenda. So we were thinking that (rather than risking small child going into public meltdown way past his bedtime) we could perhaps get take away to bring back to the apartment.

Now the daft question, is that normal in Majorca? Is it possible to get takeaway from any of the restuarants nearby? If so, would be grateful if you could point out some good ones. We're not fussy and like to try anything. Except to say, I know there is a burger king but that's last resort.

Alternative perhaps is to eat early evening 5:30/6 pm before baba goes to bed. Is dinner served that early in restuarants/hotel? To be honest, would prefer not to eat that early as I'll probably have to break out the snacks by 9:00pm!!

Many thanks.

ireland
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Daft question - Take Aways

We stayed in the Bonaire last June, I only got takeaway pizza to bring back to the hotel. Sorry can't remember the names of the places but got lovely pizza from the outdoor place on the left as you are walking towards the harbour they do pasta dishes too. Did not like the pizza from the place on the right just past the one on the left iykwim. The restaurants will be open for you to eat at 5.30 and then it will be a perfect time for you to take your little one for a stroll before bedtime, it really is a very family oriented resort (my youngest was 6 last yr and I felt a bit out of place as I didn't have a buggy or toddler!) I am going back in June again this year, Enjoy

uk
Level Contributor
418 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daft question - Take Aways

we went last year and my daughter was 17 months we ate out at about 6pm but did notice 1 place advertising take away pizza, we then went back for the entertainment at the bonaire and usually my daughter would fall asleep in her pushchair, she did love the kids disco and would dance with her older sister their is loads for little ones at the bonaire i did a review last year and its one place i said i would go back to.

hornchurch/santa...
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Daft question - Take Aways

We are in Santa Ponsa and found that a lot of decent places did takeaways (not just the takeaway joints), dont really know about that neck of the woods but we found most places would do it if asked!

Bathgate, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daft question - Take Aways

As mentioned in the previous posts, the first restaurant you come to when heading into the harbour area from the Bonaire is a pizza place called Panetosta. They do carry out pizza, pasta etc and we found the food excellent....You will see plenty of families with Pizza boxes walking back towards the Bonaire every night.

Another good thing is that they have a fantastic open air, hippy type, chill out bar that is right on the sea. This is great when waiting for your food to be made. If you go around tea time the place will be empty and the setting is fantastic, our favourite spot in Cala Bona....Roll on June...!

north east
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Daft question - Take Aways

Hi - would also recommend the pizzas - or eat early around the harbour - loads of lovely restaurants - all open around 5-6 pm with british families with toddlers all sat having tea!! If you come out the Bonaire and turn right instead of going straight towards the sea/pizza place there is an Indian take away I think opposite the Bip supermarket - it is far cheaper than the Spar on the sea front and same distance if not closer to the hotel. We had a fab time there last year with our 6 and 8 yr olds - just wish we had found it when they were younger!!

Lou73

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
455 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Daft question - Take Aways

To start with the Burger King is now gone , replaced by a Spar .

So take awaysnearest place to you for freshly bake pizzas ( which are lovely ) is Los Tucanes on the seafront plus they are open throughout the day for food , so this could be an option for an early dinner without the worry of a take away.

You'll find some bars will do a take away for you . Not every bar but a few...try to go around 5/6pm so they are not too busy , but do ask around first .

In the harbour there is Smithys' and as far as I know they do certain foods you can take away . Further along by the newsagents is the PEBAR and they do spit roasted chickens to take away for around €7 , they may also do other things .

If you find it difficult why not head up to Cala Millor ( 15 min walk ) pop into Euroski ( opp Bank BBV ) and get a couple of their spanish ready meals...maccarones , paella mariscos....these are about €2/3 and are a good meal with bread and wine .

Next to the Isabel apartments , just 50mts from you , is a small spanish place that does a menu del dia ( 3 course meal 1pm-2.30 usually ) for €6.60 with wine or water....if you fancy having your dinner at lunchtime with the locals .

You shouldn't find it too hard though .

7. Re: Daft question - Take Aways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Cala Bona
Recent Conversations