We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving from airport...

Which Cala Bona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dublin
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
driving from airport...

Hi all...am debating whether to get car hire from the airport or private transfer. We are staying in Protur Bonaire..I am not so great at driving abroad and was wondering if the journey would be difficult? what are the road like?

Thanks

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving from airport...

if you are going to hire a car go and buy a decent road map of Majorca at Waterstones or similar (Amazon?) before you go.The map the car hire company gives you is poor.The drive from PMI to Bonaire is OK (about an hour) but not blessed with much motorway.If all you want the car for is your airport transfers then a private transfer is better.Taxi for up to 4 of you or an executive private transfer from Autos Galitrans for whom you can get a discount voucher on www.majorcaforum.com

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,382 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: driving from airport...

Well, if you drive from the airport, the trip to cala bona is very easy, and most of it is motorway.

As you leave the airport, take the exit in the direction of Santanyi (not palma). Enter the MA-19 motorway.

In 2km, take exit #10, towards Manacor. Always follow signs to Manacor.

Follow the road 6 km to the MA-15 motorway, in the direction of Manacor.

Follow the MA-15 motorway to Manacor (about 40km). When you arrive in Manacor, keep proceeding on the MA-15 in the direction of Cala Rajada. The MA-15 is no longer a motorway at this point, but a good road.

Follow the signs to Cala Millor. In about 6km after Manacor, you will turn right toward Cala Millor at the roundabout. The signs are clear. Follow them to Cala Millor.

When you arrive in Cala Millor, simply follow the signs to Cala Bona.

That's it. It's very easy.

Edited: 12 July 2011, 22:16
Newcastle
Level Contributor
332 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: driving from airport...

As Wirralscouse has said if you are just wanting it for the drive to and front the Bonaire, a private transfer may be a better option for you.....

In addition to Autos Galitrans there's Janerbus http://www.janerbus.com/

and Autocares Levante https://www.autocareslevante.com/

I can recommend Janerbus for a reliable, professional and comfortable service

midlands uk
Level Contributor
172 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: driving from airport...

I shall be driving from Palma to Cala Bona by hire car in two weeks time.

I wondered if any one knew a good half way stop off for a drink on route. If so let me know its location and name... Thanks

Helensburgh
Level Contributor
29 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: driving from airport...

we are driving from airport to cala bona tomorrow! i will post back next week!

( with an honest report! --- re certain people who have slagged us off on TripAdvisor B4!)

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: driving from airport...

You've replied to a thread that's a year old so I doubt the original poster will be worried by now...

london
Destination Expert
for Cala Bona
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: driving from airport...

LOL Trinet , nice one .

Helensburgh
Level Contributor
29 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: driving from airport...

yes, you are soooo right Trinet, Im sure the op has no need of a reply, but many other people may want this info today! & have got here with a google search ( as we did!)

I love tripadvisor but it seems to have a fair number of trolls on it!

To answer the question:

The road trip is quite easy, verry well sign posted & the roads are first class. Be aware roundabouts are very popular here ( far better for traffic flow than lights tho!) and the locals have a strange lane discipline on them! - They tend to drive around on the outer lane no matter which exit they are planning to take! so be aware!

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: driving from airport...

Wow, isn't amazing how defensive some people get when you point out the obvious (or not as the case may be). Your holiday appears to have done little to lighten you up...

Helensburgh
Level Contributor
29 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: driving from airport...

dont know why Im bothering to reply but I still fail to see what is wrong in making a reply to a post that is still searchable?

Im guessing Tripadvisor does not delete or shut down older threads for precisely the reason I gave - to help others with the same query.

Havent you anything constructive to post anywhere?

Get answers to your questions about Cala Bona