We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Bonaire

england
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Bonaire

We stayed at the Bonaire from 19/8 for 2 weeks (our 3rd visit). Towards the end of our stay our 9 year old developed a rash on the inside of his legs, we took him to the doc's and they said it was just a rubbing rash from his wet shim shorts, gave us some cream and told us not to worry. We left 2 days after and the rash got worse, more blister like spots appeared and they also transferred to his other leg where the skin touched. Our 3 year old also began to get spots appearing. We took them to our GP, who did some skin scrapings, we got the analysis back and they said it was most likely contamination in the pool. I have also developed an outer ear infection which they have also said was probably from the pool.

I was wondering if any fellow visitors to the hotel had experienced any illness problems? If there was more than just us, I was thinking of e-mailing the hotel - not to cause trouble - but just so they know there may be a problem in the pool.

Tracey.

midlands uk
Level Contributor
173 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Bonaire

Hi,

I can not comment on your case but you would be better re wording the forum thread to "Skin rash from bonaire" or something on that line...

Cheers

Paul

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,573 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Bonaire

Tracey, I think a lot of GPs like to put down any infection after a holiday as coming from the pool, when it is more or less impossible to say where an infection came from.

What you coud do is ask for the results from any scrapings which tell you which infection it was, and drop an email to the hotel, telling them that your child had the infection when he was staying there and that they were using the hotel pool. That would alert the hotel to possibility of infection and not be accusing in any way.

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Bonaire

We have been to the Boniare three times in the past and never had any of these problems. From what we could see, from our pool view balcony, the pool was cleaned regularly, as was the rest of the hotel.

4. Re: Hotel Bonaire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2013, 09:26
Get answers to your questions about Cala Bona
Recent Conversations