We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pirates show.

Which Cala Bona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Pirates show.

Has anyone been to see The Pirates show in Magaluf with one of the private tour operators in Cala Bona rather than the Thomson run one? Was it any cheaper and was the transport reliable,especially returning back to the hotel?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pirates show.

Pirates Adventure run the transport.Don't pay the Thomson/Thomas Cook prices which are commission-loaded in favour of the reps who sell them.Book it through one of the booking agents in Cala Millor.Btw I trust you know it is a long way from Pirates to Cala Bona-like nearly 40 miles so late at night it can be a trial for kids.

Santa Ponsa, Spain
Level Contributor
208 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pirates show.

WirralScouse - That information is completely incorrect. Pirates don´t run any form of transport, it is individual operators which run coaches to the show.

The Thomson/First Choice/Thomas Cook prices etc.... are all very similar to other operators the difference being you will be picked up from your hotel and not a central pick up point, another benefit is the best seats as these operators send in excess of 1000 people a week they also get the best seats allocated to them (part of their contractual agreements) and most importantly, if anything should go wrong you are dealing with reputable tour operators and not just Joe Bloggs down the road.

In essence a bargain for something that is the same price (or max 1-2€ difference)

Edited: 06 July 2012, 10:25
Derby, United...
Destination Expert
for Derby
Level Contributor
464 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pirates show.

We thought about going last summer but the first show of the evening is about 7.30pm, and having checked our the local firms that did pick ups it meant being picked up in Cala Bona at 3.30pm.

Too much sunbathing time missed for us, so we didn't bother.

Maybe if you are staying near to Magaluf it's worth going to, but not for us.

London
Level Contributor
84 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pirates show.

We went a few years ago and the show was enjoyable, food just about edible and I think the wine and beer was not too rationed. What I would say is that if you have seen Cirque this is an imitation, not a really poor imitation as we did enjoy it but maybe 70%. Glad we did it but wouldn't do again from CB, might do of in the Palma area.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pirates show.

Then I apologise.I did see some time back,can't remember how long ago,on Pirates website admission prices including transport from various resorts.Obviously that isn't now available.But the rest of my advice about booking through a local agent is I believe still valid.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pirates show.

Thanks for everybodies input. :-)

7. Re: Pirates show.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Cala Bona