We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caves of Arta

Newcastle
Level Contributor
102 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Caves of Arta

Can anyone tell me if I can get a bus from Cala Bona to the Caves of Arta and are they as good as the Caves of Drach.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,563 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caves of Arta

Not sure on the bus, best have a look on the link to the timetables Ive added below, the caves are at Canyamel, not Arta town itself, but I can highly recommend the caves at Arta.

Firstly the Caves of Drach are highly commercialized, all the coach trips go here, you're herded around by the hundreds and aren't allowed to take any pictures, you're expected to buy them from the shop, the caves themselves are great but the sheer scrum to get around spoilt the enjoyment.

The Caves at Arta were a totally different experience, a lot quieter and less people taken round at once, the caves themselves are equally spectacular and you're allowed to take pictures. Generally a much more enjoyable experience.

www.tib.org/en/web/ctm/autobus/seccio/400

Newcastle
Level Contributor
102 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caves of Arta

Thanks! That's very helpful.

doncaster
Level Contributor
445 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caves of Arta

totally agree with trinetacaves of arta well worth a visit.one tip the commentry was in german so they give you a listening device where commentry is in english,make sure you know which number controls the volume as ours were set to low

Newcastle
Level Contributor
102 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caves of Arta

Thanks! Will do

london
Destination Expert
for Cala Bona
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caves of Arta

Ive never visited these caves before , am I correct in saying there's also a market in Arta ? , if so what day is the market on as I would like to cmbine the market and the caves for a day out .cheers ,Ron.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,563 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caves of Arta

Market day is Tuesday but bear in mind the caves are down by the coast at Canyamel which is 5 or so miles away from Arta itself so its not walkable.

7. Re: Caves of Arta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 20:16
Get answers to your questions about Cala Bona
Recent Conversations