We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire company recommendations from Palma Airport

Dorset
Level Contributor
127 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire company recommendations from Palma Airport

Hi - not hired a car from Palma before as usually do taxis but going to do more travelling this year. Any companies anyone can recommend? Many thanks for any advice.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,627 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire company recommendations from Palma Airport

Sixt seem to be the flavour of the moment, there headline cost may not be the cheapest but you can choose full to empty fuel which if you aren't there for long will make a huge difference and there are no other add on insurances like other companies charge. I've struggled to use a tankful in a week in the island.

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire company recommendations from Palma Airport

Trinet,

I'm pretty sure Sixt will charge €5 per day for their comfort insurance,which covers tyres,windscreen & loss of keys etc, it's the same as record, hiper & most companies.

You are not obliged to take it as you will know if you hire cars on a regular basis, regarding fuel it didn't matter to me as i've just used 2 tank full's this week.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire company recommendations from Palma Airport

Sixt is my preferred choice too but I only hire twice a year at PMI so don't mind paying a bit more for efficient, transparent service and pricing. Other car hire companies that have had good mentions on this forum recently are Vanrell,Autos Roig,Record and Hasso.

Before I became a fan of Sixt I used Holiday Autos (for 20 years) who are a broker.They invariably placed me with Hiper or Centauro both are off-airport.

Dorset
Level Contributor
127 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire company recommendations from Palma Airport

many thanks all - looking for good service and a good price and always good to get recommendations. xx

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire company recommendations from Palma Airport

Terry's car hire are mid price reliable and efficient .

But you won't get a new car, no Qs no problems no hastle and on airport pick up.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,093 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car hire company recommendations from Palma Airport

I'm a fan of Sixt as well. Things may vary from time to time, but generally I've found it best to book as far in advance as possible to get a good price with them; and paying in advance gives you a slightly reduced rate plus benefit of a 'free' second driver if that is relevant to you. Their full-to-full policy works well for me, and they are efficient.

It's worth looking through threads during 2012 about car hire in Mallorca. One key point mentioned many many times is that OK Car Rentals (or some name like that) are definitely to be avoided.

Dorset
Level Contributor
127 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car hire company recommendations from Palma Airport

cheers All - will search them all and book asap. xx

8. Re: Car hire company recommendations from Palma Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Cala Bona
Recent Conversations