We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All booked up.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
387 posts
1 review
Save Topic
All booked up.

I have just booked for 2 weeks in July to stay in the bahia azul Cala Bona for our 25th wedding anniversary.

I have stayed in Cala Bona and the bahia azul many times but not for many years now. I remember the waterloo bar, a fish and chip shop, the white bear bar, the london bar, a chinese restaurant. Is there an indian restaurant there?

I also remember the nice walk to Cala Millor and the buccaneers bar. I dont think thats there anymore but looking at google earth none of those buildings along the front are there anymore, just grass patches????

Can somebody please give me an update of whats on offer in Cala Bona and Cala Millor ie pubs, clubs, bars, restaurants, and take aways as i love a bite to eat after a nights drinking...see you on the 11th July :)

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All booked up.

The London bars no more they retired a couple of years ago,Chinese restaurant is still there as is the Indian!! Don't know much about cala millor,

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
387 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: All booked up.

Thanks has anything opened where the london bar was or was it just empty all season?

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All booked up.

Brian. I first went to Cala Millor in 1988 with the mates and Buccaneers and Chaplins were our favourite haunts. Things are more civilised now 25 years later as now I go to Cala Bona with my family. I made the pilgrimage along from Cala Bona to Cala Millor to see if Buccaneers was still there and alas, no it's evolved into a nightclub called Lollipop. I think you just pay to get in and drink til you drop!! Like an all inclusive nightclub. Outside has completely changed to. Haven't been in either as I have a wife and kids in tow now! Chaplins bar was still open last summer.

As you probably remember, there are plenty of bars along the front and there are a couple of Indian restaurants in Cala Bona one of which we went to last summer and wasn't particularly impressed with. We paid 90€+ for a pretty basic meal without starters or deserts. That was for four adults and one child .have a great holiday!

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All booked up.

Brian. I first went to Cala Millor in 1988 with the mates and Buccaneers and Chaplins were our favourite haunts. Things are more civilised now 25 years later as now I go to Cala Bona with my family. I made the pilgrimage along from Cala Bona to Cala Millor to see if Buccaneers was still there and alas, no it's evolved into a nightclub called Lollipop. I think you just pay to get in and drink til you drop!! Like an all inclusive nightclub. Outside has completely changed to. Haven't been in neither as I have a wife and kids in tow now! Chaplins bar was still open last summer.

As you probably remember, there are plenty of bars along the front and there are a couple of Indian restaurants in Cala Bona one of which we went to last summer and wasn't particularly impressed with. We paid 90€+ for a pretty basic meal without starters or deserts. That was for four adults and one child .have a great holiday!

Edited: 19 January 2013, 21:05
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All booked up.

No nothing has opened where the London bar was,

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
387 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: All booked up.

Thanks for your reply, we used to love the Buccaneer bar, not sure if ive been into Chaplins. Im glad all the bars along the front going towards cala millor are still there because looking at google earth it looks blank. We are going with our 22 year old daughter and her boyfriend so might give lollipop a go lol....again many thanks.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
387 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: All booked up.

Thanks Hazel maybe by July there may be?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All booked up.

London Inn premises have been vacant for a long time at least 18 months.Unlikely they will be snapped up because of the position too far away (although not that far really) from the front/resort centre and on the main road. Sanddancers seems to be the popular place for Brits.Wishing you all a great time.Cala Bona is on a new lease of life I feel. New Hotel Gran Sol (refurb/rebuild really) has smartened it up no end.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
387 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: All booked up.

Thanks for your reply Wirrel i cant wait to get back there. All inclusive hotels kill bars and clubs because everyone stays there to get thier moneys worth and who can blame them. I for one like to go out and about and bar hop :)

Edited: 19 January 2013, 22:49
birmingham,uk
Level Contributor
878 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All booked up.

I remember Cala Bona being my first holiday abroad without parents in 1989, Cala Bona hotel, then the next year a hotel i think opposite the levante or lavante park on the beach near a wimpy and finally the last time Into calla millor a bit, it was a Thomson hotel with big 2 bed apartments behind it, could be marines playa?..

Waterloo bar, was that on the front and you had to go downstairs with lots of football shirts in there, I remember the big walk up to buccaneers, Stephanie's night club, also a small bar I think next to it or along that small road, run by a British guy and bananas, I think I've mentioned something like this in another thread but it brings back great memories and one day i think I might go back to Cala Bona/millor with the youngest kids.

Edited: 20 January 2013, 08:23
Get answers to your questions about Cala Bona