We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveler's cheque's.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
387 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Traveler's cheque's.

Hi we are going to Cala Bona in July for the first time in a few years. Somebody told me today you can no longer change Traveler's cheque's or even Sterling while over there. If this is true what other options do we have other than taking Euro's in cash?

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,644 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveler's cheque's.

Best options are to take a small amount in euros and the rest charge up a travel card like www.travelex.co.uk/uk/cash-passport.aspx

Travellers cheques are seriously old hat these days.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
387 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveler's cheque's.

Thanks trinet thats very helpfull. Do you just get these cards from a bank or post office?

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
558 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveler's cheque's.

I get mine from the Thomas Cook store as they will give you 2 cards so if 1 happens to get lost or stolen you can phone them up and cancel that 1 and still use the second one. Saves having to send out replacement card. I also order it on-line and pick up card in store as usually the exchange rate is better on-line. I also pay for mine in cash at the store as my bank charges some sort of charge for buying foreign currency if I use my debit card. Post office do them too but they only give you 1 card.

Edited: 27 April 2013, 14:31
Luton, United...
Level Contributor
387 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveler's cheque's.

Thanks theshedman i will go onto Thomas Cook website and have a look :)

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveler's cheque's.

Do a google sesrch and look on comparison websites before deciding on which cards to get. I have a FairFX euro card. I can use my bank debit card to top it up, with no bank charges from Barclays.

london
Destination Expert
for Cala Bona
Level Contributor
1,611 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveler's cheque's.

You can certainly change sterling , I find you get a cent or 2 more sometimes compared to the cash machines , loads of places offer exchanges , shop around the bargains are there .

7. Re: Traveler's cheque's.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Cala Bona
Recent Conversations