We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk to seafront from protur Bonaire?

Which Cala Bona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chesterfield
Level Contributor
110 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Walk to seafront from protur Bonaire?

Hi, just wondering how long the walk is from Aparthotel Protur Bonnaire to the seafront and the beach x

Essex
Destination Expert
for Cala Bona
Level Contributor
531 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk to seafront from protur Bonaire?

Depends, there's no beach adjacent to the Bonaire. It's rocks I'm afraid. It's about 3 or 4 minutes stroll to the harbour for shops/restaurants/cafes etc and a further couple of minutes to the man made beach by the hotel Levante. If you want a proper, sandy, huge, all singing, all dancing beach then it's 10 minutes or so easy walking from the Bonaire into Cala Millor. Search YouTube for Cala Bona and Cala MIllor, there are videos on there showing the walk between the two resorts.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk to seafront from protur Bonaire?

Hi Kelly, the walk from the Bonaire to the small shingle beach is no more than a two minute stroll as is the beginning of the prom (and the start of the restaurants) which leads down to the harbour. The best beach is in Cala Millor which takes about 15/20 minute to walk.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walk to seafront from protur Bonaire?

As Boss says, it's barely 2 minutes walk down the road opposite to reach the sea, but you wouldn't call it a beach, - although I suspect it's low lying enough for you to stumble across the rocks and actually enter the sea at that point if you wanted. From there it's just a pleasant stroll along the pedestrianised Paseo down to the Cala Bona beach (which IMO isn't that great) but a bit further on is the start of Cala Millor beach, which fits the picture perfect brochure look of a beach with wide white(ish) sands.

You can hire bicycles from the reception at Bonaire for a few Euros, I suggest you do so and take a round trip ride of an hour down the cyclepath that runs through the pedestrianised walkway to get your bearings. It's all flat.

Edinburgh , Scotland
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walk to seafront from protur Bonaire?

Why don't you Google Earth it? I've been doing that to help get my bearings once I'm there...in 2 weeks :)

chesterfield
Level Contributor
110 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walk to seafront from protur Bonaire?

Just looked on google earth and it looks quite a long way from cala millor beach, is it really only 15 minutes?

Dorset
Level Contributor
127 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walk to seafront from protur Bonaire?

Hi do try the beach at Sa Coma too- its a short bus ride away - buses just down road from Bonaire or a resonable taxi trip - lovely beach there and better than Cala Millor even though that is noie too.

Essex
Destination Expert
for Cala Bona
Level Contributor
531 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walk to seafront from protur Bonaire?

The walk into Cala Millor is only 15 minutes or so, it's flat all the way. It always takes us longer to be honest because we like to stop at our favourite watering holes!! You're on holiday anyway so make the most of a relaxing stroll!

8. Re: Walk to seafront from protur Bonaire?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Cala Bona
Recent Conversations