We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cala Bona First timers - Any good advice

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Cala Bona First timers - Any good advice

We are going to Cala Bona on Sunday 8th Sept for our first ever time. Staying at Millor Garden Aparthotel all inclusive.

How long is transfers from Palma Airport? Has anyone got any tips for the hotel/area? What to do, where to go etc. We are also keen cyclists and are hoping to hire. Also wanting to visit caves of drach. All and any advice will be gratefully received.

Thanks

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cala Bona First timers - Any good advice

Transfers about 1hour, we hired bikes last week 15e for 2 bikes for 4 hours,There is a cycle path taking you from Cala Bona through to Sa Coma,we hired our bikes from shop by Lavante Park hotel there are a few places around to hire from, we got the local bus to Puerto Criso but we didn't do the caves,i would check out trip prices in the resort as they might be cheaper than your rep if you have one.

Sorry can not help with location of your hotel.

Great ent at the Cala Bona hotel by the habour also the Atalon hotel all FREE.To watch,most acts go around the resort just check out the notice boards have a lovely holiday.

Edited: 02 September 2013, 19:47
Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cala Bona First timers - Any good advice

If you are going to the Caves of Drach you can get a service bus on the bus route (behind the Levante Hotel) which will take you right to the Caves. It's a good bus ride, about 40 mins and only costs about two euros each (single trip). The bus back will pick you up there, or you can walk the 10 minutes downhill into lovely Porto Cristo which has a small but nice beach. You can also get a boat back to Cala Bona from here. The caves open about 10 and the tours are every hour. Better to get there early as it can get busy. Entry costs around 12/14 euros and well worth it. You can get a bus timetable or any other info from the information office at the harbour in front of the Cala Bona Hotel.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
177 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cala Bona First timers - Any good advice

We stayed AI at the millor garden back in April. It's a nice hotel although it's very "German".

AI is not really for me - I liken it to butlins with sun!

You are just at the back of Cala Bona, just up from the taxi rank by the beach, it's a good location

Stoke on Trent
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cala Bona First timers - Any good advice

Does anyone know the website or email address for Millor Garden Aparthotel in Cala Bona?

lincoln
Level Contributor
767 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cala Bona First timers - Any good advice

Cala bona is brilliant for cycling - there are various places to hire bikes the one near Levante hotel is the nearest to your hotel I should think. The cycle path is very good though sometimes its very busy with pedestrians as well, the path I think goes all the way to Porto Christo in one direction although we only went to Cala Morlanda and a shorter trip in the other direction to Costa del pins ( loads of room on the beach though its not as good Cala Millor) You can also cycle out to the castle but its a bit rough riding better with a mountain bike. There is also a cycle track that goes to Son Severa which is also worth a trip although its a bit of a climb - we walked !! The caves are good although we visited from Cala D'or but if you are keen cyclists you could do the caves by bike but will probably need to do a bit of pushing I'm sure there is a pretty steep hill on the way.

6. Re: Cala Bona First timers - Any good advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2014, 06:26
Get answers to your questions about Cala Bona
Recent Conversations