We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you recommend another resort as good as Cala Bona?

Which Cala Bona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
BIRMINGHAM
Level Contributor
84 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Can you recommend another resort as good as Cala Bona?

I will be taking mom (82 yrs) on holiday again next summer, we are looking for a resort just like lovely Cala Bona. we love the lovely flat walkways with dozens of benches, A sandy beach and a lively harbour. Anywhere in the med, we need plenty of places to rest with benches for mom and no hills!. Any recommendations please?

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you recommend another resort as good as Cala Bona?

Cala Bona is quite unique in atmosphere, the only place Ive come across with a similar feel is La Cala de Mijas on the Costa de Sol but its mostly private villas, there is one nice hotel there though. Although it doesnt have a harbour as such the local fisherman pull their small boats onto the beach and barbecue the fish on the beach. The resot itself is flat but its quite hilly around it, ok if you stay somewhere fairly central.

http://www.calademijas.com/Gallery.html

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you recommend another resort as good as Cala Bona?

Puerto Pollensa, Majorca.

BIRMINGHAM
Level Contributor
84 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you recommend another resort as good as Cala Bona?

Great thanks i'll take a look

BIRMINGHAM
Level Contributor
84 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you recommend another resort as good as Cala Bona?

Yes, thanks we went there just for the day, it looked lovely. I will take another look at that

Essex
Destination Expert
for Cala Bona
Level Contributor
530 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you recommend another resort as good as Cala Bona?

Agree with Wirral Scouse try Puerto Pollensa, or do what we do and go back to Cala Bona!! :)

BIRMINGHAM
Level Contributor
84 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you recommend another resort as good as Cala Bona?

oxford
Level Contributor
281 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you recommend another resort as good as Cala Bona?

We have done cala n Bosch on Menorca, as well as Cala Bona, cala n Bosch has a lovely little harbour, can walk all round it, there are a few ways to it, one of which is by the Paradise club hotel and apartments, resort is on the flat, can recommend the Casas del Lago, lovely views overlooking the harbour, also has a bus stop right outside.

There are lots of restaurants and little bars around the harbour, though, like cala bona, everything quietness down by midnight

BIRMINGHAM
Level Contributor
84 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can you recommend another resort as good as Cala Bona?

sounds lovely, thanks I will take a look

lincoln
Level Contributor
636 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can you recommend another resort as good as Cala Bona?

What about Santa Eulalia in Ibiza , hills at the back and at one end of the resort but busy harbour /marina , beach , restaurants and shops all on the flat , lots of people with restricted mobility go there. Highly recommended by lots of folks on TA , I loved it and its a short trip from the airport as an added bonus. If you want to stay with Majorca then definitely Porto Pollensa.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can you recommend another resort as good as Cala Bona?

Would recommend La Carihuela on the Costa del Sol between Torrimolinos & Benalmadena.Flat with an harbour, sandy beach, plenty hotels ect very close to sea, village feel 20 minutes from airport.

Get answers to your questions about Cala Bona