We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Protur Bonaire 2014 prices

Which Cala Bona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Protur Bonaire 2014 prices

Having discovered Cala Bona and the Bonaire in 2012 we have hd two amazing family holidays there. With 2 young boys of 3 and 1 the Bonaire is ideal for us will excellent facilities and superb staff.

Since arriving home last month we have already started to think about 2014's holiday and without hesitation the Bonaire was looked at first. What a shock it was though to see some of the prices quoted for 2014.1 week half board was coming in around £3,300 while all inclusive was £4,000. Go for 2 weeks and we'd be paying £5,000+. We are flying from Belfast so i appreciate we have to pay a little more and maybe we just got lucky the last 2 years on the prices we paid but this seems a crazy amount of money to spend.

Is anyone else in the same boat? I assume it's Thomsons putting up the prices knowing the demand there is for the Bonaire?

Wigan
Level Contributor
107 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Protur Bonaire 2014 prices

The prices for this place next year to sum it up are ridiculous i paid this summer in August for a family of 4 the eldest being 17 just over 2500.00 looked for the same weeks next year price for 3 of us as eldest isn't coming just over 2700.00. This place has lots of repeat customers but with these kind of prices i'm sure people will look else where just as i have done. Back to Cyprus for me!

North Yorks
Level Contributor
111 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Protur Bonaire 2014 prices

I agree. As much as I have enjoyed the last two years at the Bonaire unfortunately we won't be returning. Far too expensive now for us. Still love cala bona though can anyone recommend any other reasonable family hotels in Cala Bona?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Protur Bonaire 2014 prices

Wait until the after Christmas holiday sales.Prices will be more sensible then.

St Helier, United...
Level Contributor
179 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Protur Bonaire 2014 prices

Not with the Bonaire, not for high season anyway,if anything the prices go up as time goes on....bargains out of season as before possibly.

Prices are now crazy for school holidays, it was never a cheap place but the standards were high and plenty of people paid the price for a great holiday but no sensible prices here for when families want to go. Pure Greed!

england
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Protur Bonaire 2014 prices

Hiya Sharon, Just read you are not going back again next year - don't think we are either. Been told there are very few holidays being released that are SC as they are trying to promote HB and AI. Could only offer me 10 days SC beginning august - or 14 nights AI at £4000 for the 3 of us. Love Bonaire but not at those prices. Total Greed from Thomsons. Enjoy Cyprus - looks like we will be looking elsewhere too xx

wigan
Level Contributor
260 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Protur Bonaire 2014 prices

Hi Tracey

Yeah I have booked for Cyprus there was no way I was paying them prices. Amy is not very impressed with the situation and I don't think Andrew is either! Hope you are OK , keep in touch would be nice to know how the kidsare getting on x

north east
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Protur Bonaire 2014 prices

I can't believe the prices for next year - both out of season in May and in August - I priced up a 5 star in Gran Canaria and it came out cheaper! My mate had put pics on of the Gran Canaria one and it looks a lot fancier for less money - hmm now to decide when and where but I think next week might be out last at the Bonaire for a while if the prices keep going up

Lou73

midlands uk
Level Contributor
173 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Protur Bonaire 2014 prices

The thing is Thomson know there isnt much competition in Cala Bona for Familly choice...

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Protur Bonaire 2014 prices

That's true.Also (and it may not come as a surprise) Thomson really do load the prices for their most popular hotels because they are fairly confident they can sell them even at the inflated prices.This is also true of Hotel Son Matias in Palma Nova (not a family hotel) which a Thomson employee informed me was their heaviest-booked hotel in Majorca.

And if the bookings for Bonaire are not looking good around March next year they will just drop the price then.Of course those who had already booked before any price reduction won't get a reduction.

There is no dispute that the quality at Bonaire (and other Protur hotels) is high but if anybody is looking for similar standards elsewhere in Majorca for family holidays in that sort of accommodation, Viva is a consistently reliable brand.

midlands uk
Level Contributor
173 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Protur Bonaire 2014 prices

What is the nearest viva hotel to cala bona? Thanks.

Get answers to your questions about Cala Bona