We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interloper heading for Bigron's domain

Which Cala Bona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Interloper heading for Bigron's domain

Dragged myself away from Pto Pollensa for a week in Cala Bona starting this Saturday.Long term weather forecast is promising-in fact very good for this time of year.Staying at H Alicia where I have been before (bargain price for accommodation-only from Thomson) and will be trawling the resort for live evening entertainment to enjoy while indulging in a few pints lager. I know it is very late season but as well as Alicia, I will be checking out Hotels Levante and Atolon to see what acts they have on.Daresay I will end up in Sanddancers a couple of evenings too if they are still open.

Melis is one of my faves for light lunch/morning coffee if I am not out and about in the hired car.

Very much looking forward to a return to Cala Bona which I think is a resort on the up.

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Interloper heading for Bigron's domain

Hope you have a great time WS . I love that area too . I like the British Bulldog in cala Millor . Not everyone's cup of tea , but owners and staff are great . One of the staff , Debbie , comes from the Wirral ( moreton ) . My daughter has booked next year for the holiday village .

north east
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Interloper heading for Bigron's domain

Well we might see you out there! Heading over on Saturday too - staying at the Bonaire - bargain package for us with change from £700 for all 4 of us - ok self catering, and ok the price did come down - why did I look? Not complaining - looking forward to some sunshine!

Loved walking along the front and eating at the harbour the last time we went, might even hire bikes this time as well as exploring in the hire car

Lou73

england
Level Contributor
254 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interloper heading for Bigron's domain

Were heading to Cala MIllor on Saturday..

I like Cafe Thallasa, right on the harbour at Cala Bona, you can almost dip your toes in the water.

Friendly service and nice food.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Interloper heading for Bigron's domain

Thanks for the responses and suggestions.

Seaford, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Interloper heading for Bigron's domain

Try the 'Rope & Anchor' for a drink or snack by the harbour we found them so friendly a couple of weeks ago. Have a good one WS

newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Interloper heading for Bigron's domain

Enjoy your stay WS.

The weather looks exceptional at the moment, with the forecast highly promising.

north east
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Interloper heading for Bigron's domain

I think I remember having breakfast in the Rope and Anchor - the kids were fascinated by the pictures of all the knots on the wall! Might try it again next week!

Lou73

london
Destination Expert
for Cala Bona
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Interloper heading for Bigron's domain

Thanks for the headline Wirrall, I hope you all have a fab time, I'm already trawling the sites for next years hols, the Sur and Moreyo are once again coming up. miles cheaper than anything else, I can get 14 nights half board for 390 each and that's with all extras including luggage and transfers, just waiting for the nod from err indoors before I book it, I've got to take her with me or I have to kiss her good bye at the airport. YUK LOL, Happy hols all xx

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
7,627 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Interloper heading for Bigron's domain

Have a good hol WS. If you were to do a day trip to Puerto Pollensa, don't forget - have an extra drink instead of me - the local PP businesses will have noticed a drop in their income due to me having to abandon plans for our usual Autumn visit there.

Edited: 16 October 2013, 17:47
wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Interloper heading for Bigron's domain

Thanks KWUK I will defo be driving over to PP and Cala San Vicente from Cala Bona one day just to see what has changed in the 6 months since I was last there. I will pop in to check up on John who owns Bar Bondia and have a pint of his Amstel.If I go in on Sunday I can take in the Sky match at 5pm local time. For sure he will give me the usual rundown on how good/indifferent the season has been for him because I always see him every year at about this time. But I don't think that is one of your haunts so he won't have missed your Big Spender!

Doubtless now that you are thankfully back on forum and in action you will already be planning your next trip. If I hadn't been able to get a really good price from Thomson of under £200 for a weeks HB at Hotel Alicia I would probably have ended up in Hotel Pollensa Park opposite Bondia. But I am actually looking forward to the change to CB because I know it quite well and I like it. (Also there is more hotel-based live entertainment than in PP).

Btw that price for Alicia would be too much for bigron because he goes for the perpetual bargain prices at Hotels Sur and Moreyo.

Get answers to your questions about Cala Bona