We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much money to take??

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
How much money to take??

Hi, going to Cala Bona in September, just wondering how much money would be enough for a week? Will be self catering and already booked trips so will just be money for food and drink.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Cala Bona
Cala Bona
Majorca, Spain
Poole, United...
Level Contributor
6,116 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much money to take??

How many people? Family of 4 can eat comfortably on 100-125 euros a day if you're eating out most nights. A little less if you doing everything yourself.

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much money to take??

Just 2 people, will probably eat out most nights

london
Destination Expert
for Cala Bona
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much money to take??

As I'm also going in September it all depends how many San Miguels your gonna buy me!!! no seriously it all depends on how you dine , you can cook your own breakfast and eat an evening meal quite reasonably, or you can eat out fancy and spend a fair bit more, if you both like a drink then there's that to take into account, only my opinion but I reckon 100 euros a day may be more than enough.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
387 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How much money to take??

I dont think there is really an answer to a question like this. Firstly people normaly take what they can afford no matter how much it is, secondly everyone is different. Some people just laze by the pool all day not eating or drinking much and some like to walk around buying beers, coffee, cake, ect. As a rule if i go for 2 weeks with my wife we like to take about £800 for each week. With that budget we drink and eat what we want during the days and nights and ive always got enough to take a kebab to bed with me lol.

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How much money to take??

I'm sure 20 euro a day will be fine angel.

i'd buy you a kebab for breakfast lunch and dinner if i could afford it, but with the ''credit crunch'' these days sadly that is not an option.

yours truly

Mr R

london
Destination Expert
for Cala Bona
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much money to take??

20 euros a day ? wont even keep me and the wife in beers let alone anything else .

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much money to take??

I think previously mentioned 100 euros per day is about right.On the other hand take your debit card and draw euros from the Bancomat as you need them at 200 euros or so at a time because of the minimum transaction charge.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
39 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much money to take??

i usually work out 30-50 euro for a brekkie & main meal per day with a drink, that depend on what main meal you eat , then drinks on top of that throughout the day & night, depends on how much you like to drink, so 80 euro per day at least to be sure to enjoy yourselves.

Level Contributor
56 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much money to take??

When we go anywhere we budget €100 a day. Last time brought €300 back for next time. Can spend as much or as little as you want wherever you go I reckon

sunderland
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How much money to take??

Hello, we have just returned from a fabulous week, we took 1000 euro as we were not sure of prices and have bought 250 back ( to put in the pot for next time) we had lunch and evening meal out each day, plenty San Miguel's , glasses of vino and the odd cocktail. For the two of us a sarnie and a beer was around 15 euro at lunch time then evening meal with drinks was around 40 euro. Then we would stop in the hotel bar. Had a boat trip as well. Enjoy!!!

Get answers to your questions about Cala Bona