We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palma bus

Coventry, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
Palma bus

Is there a bus which goes from Cala Bona to Palma giving me enough time to see the cathedral and go on the Soller train i.e. it is a conceivable day trip. If so how much does it cost and does it go frequently? Is it easy to board the Soller train from the centre of Palma and how much does it cost? I have heard that there is an express bus from Cala Bona which is more time effective than the normal bus. Is this so?

Thanks

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Palma bus

I'd avoid taking the bus all the way to Palma, they're slow...

Instead, take the bus to Manacor station, and take the train to Palma. Leaves Manacor every :22 past the hour. Arrives right at Placa d'Espanya in central Palma - about 1 hour journey, under €4 per person. Spacious and comfortable and faster than the bus.

Return journey is every :10 minutes past the hour from Palma station. The bus to Cala Bona should be waiting when you arrive in Manacor... or shortly afterward. You pay as you enter the bus.

Also, if you go early on a Monday, you can enjoy the Manacor market before catching the train...

Wales
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palma bus

Do you buy the train ticket on the train? I assume the 4 euros is just for the train journey.

london
Destination Expert
for Cala Bona
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palma bus

Dont wanna be a kill joy but as i said in a previous post the bus back from Palma is a free for all stampede and yopu may not get on it ! as other posts say , take the train and have a great holiday .

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palma bus

I totally agree never get the bus back. I was physically having to push people back from trying to push past me to get on, plus the driver told people who were getting off before Cala Bona to get on first!!.....train for me next time

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Palma bus

Bus from Cala Bona to Manacor is about €3 each way. Train to Palma is €3-something (each way).

Buy bus tickets on the bus. You buy train tickets at the station either on the machine (accepts cash & cards and is available in English) or at the desk. You get a slight discount for a return train ticket.

Oh, and you have to change trains to a new electric train after the Sineu stop - but it's always waiting when you arrive, so you just walk out of one and into the other.

Edited: 15 August 2014, 07:45
Wales
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palma bus

Thank you mallorcat.

Cardi 1

7. Re: Palma bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Cala Bona