We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Cala D'or Apartments

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
24 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Sol Cala D'or Apartments

Can anyone tell me if these apartments are ok. Are they in a good location etc etc.

Looking to go for a week after the school hols. Prob 2nd week in September.

Blackpool UK
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol Cala D'or Apartments

Just come back from a week there. Stayed there last September as well. Ideal location, just a few minutes walk to the town centre or the beach. Apartments are clean and functional, nothing outstanding but nothing wrong with them. I booked a studio apatment last time but got a free upgrade to a one bedroom apartment. I would definitely stay here again.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
24 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol Cala D'or Apartments

thanks for the info. sounds fine to me.

glasgow
Level Contributor
276 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol Cala D'or Apartments

Apartments are serviced at least every second day, however it has been known for bed linen, bathroom towels and hand/kitchen towels to be changed every day.

Reception staff, Francesca, Antonia and Guillermo are very amenable. Any problem you may have, they are only too happy to sort out.

Bar staff, Roberto and Javi, feel sorry for them, they have only seen snow on TV, are both funny, but competent barmen and waiters.

Loungers at the poolside cost 2 Euros per day, however loungers on roof terrace are free, but parasols are not available.

Ideally situated for three beaches, Cala Gran, Ferrera and D'or.

Five minute walk to the town centre with its plethora of restaurants.

Fifteen minutes walk to the Marina, or a five minutes taxi ride, with its more up-market restaurants and cafes. You might be lucky and catch Michael Schumacer berthing his yacht there.

Mini-market adjacent to apartments, but nearby there is a Caprabo supermarket, just ask reception staff for directions.

Hope you used the Solmelia website for booking, as they price match and offer a 10% discount on top.

Mentioned in this post
Cala Gran
Cala Gran
548 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Hotel D'Or
Hotel D'Or
290 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Glasgow
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol Cala D'or Apartments

Im just back from the Sol Cala D'or Apartments. Lovely looking apartments from the outside, lovely clean poor area, staff are all very nice and helpfull and its in a perfect location close to everything.

We booked a studio apartment and to be honest i felt that we couldnt move the room was so small and the beds very uncomfy. We had the unfortunate experience of our room getting broken into on our last day. Reported this to the hotel manager who was very helpfull but informed us that the police station in cala dor shuts at 6pm and reopens at 9am the next morning. As this was after 6pm and we were leaving at 8am the next morning we couldnt report this to the police which has resulted us in not being able to claim this on our insurance.

I also found it very irritating having to pay 2euro a day for a sunbed alot of which are broken. The guy gives them out at 8:45 yet people start to go down to the pool area about 8am and sit on chairs where they want their sunloungers it you get down there any later than 9am you will not get a spot.

Apart from the problems at the apartments Cala dor is a stunning place it was a fabulous holiday great shops, resturants and bars. I would return to cala dor but i would not return to these apartments.

Mentioned in this post
Sol Cala d'Or by Melia Apartamentos
Sol Cala d'Or by Melia...
1,070 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Cala d'Or
Cala d'Or
Majorca, Spain
5. Re: Sol Cala D'or Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 13:20
Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or