We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa parade

Glasgow
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Villa parade

The family are looking to book a villa holiday to Cala D'or with villa parade, can anyone recommend this company as I have not heard of them before,and any reviews would be great.

Widnes
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa parade

It may be a bit late to reply, but I can recommend Villa Parade as a company, we have been to 4 of their villas (one in Cala D'or this June) and they are exactly as they are discribed in the brochure/on the website. I found the company very efficient, good directions to the property and any problems solved quickly. All 4 of the villas we have visisted have been great, lovely pools, very clean & generally in good locations.

denigh
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa parade

hi,, we have been with villa parade twice,,very good,, this sept we are going for third time with them to cyprus,,staying in the villa venera,,in polis + latchi,,we would be intrested in any comments on this villa ? bill

London
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa parade

Villa was nice however, watch out for the FREE CAR offer. Extra insurance for everything. Two accident waiver charges, one did not cover tyres and glass, so had to pay extra. This amounted to £40 PLUS the compulsary payment for a full tank of petrol.

Again this was over priced and had to pay nearly £62.

As we had 2 cars, the cost added up.

Feedback and complaints to Villa Parade went

un- answered.

4. Re: Villa parade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 16:35
London
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa parade

I wrote this review in November 2008 and I see that your reply is the 20 April 2009.

Doesn't that say something about your response time.

I gave you an opportunity to explain the over cost and the high price of petrol charged, although the petrol prices had dropped during that time.

The rep at the car hire desk, was hopeless and did not want to know.

I know that the extras were optional however, there were a lot of exclusions on your insurance cover. That is why I felt that I had to take up the extra cover.

If you now saying that you have changed car hire procedures regarding the charge of petrol, by only paying for the usage, then well done.

During the time it has taken you to respond, Villa Parade have contacted me and made amends.

So this response is OLD NEWS.

Sussex
Level Contributor
4,223 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa parade

About car hire insurance (re the person who mentioned the excess cover)- it's worth bearing a company called Excess4carhire in mind. All car hire companies charge extra for waiving the excess. You absolutely MUST take this extra cover (even though it's optional) because the excess, should you have an accident, is exhorbitant. But most car companies will really sting you for that cover if you buy it at the airport. You can pay £50 for an entire year's cover (as many car-hires as you like) through excess4carhire. I read about it in a Sunday supplement and did my research on the net. Simply pay for your car hire and the collision damage waiver and then, when they offer the excess waiver at the airport just refuse it. Any problems, you claim from excess4carhire. I admit I have no personal experience of what they're like on dealing with claims but google reviews look positive - plus the cover includes windows and tyres. There are other companies like this but it was the best deal I found. Another tip which regular car-hirers know - check the car thoroughly for marks, scratches etc when you pick it up and get the rep to write everything down, even the tiniest thing, or you could end up being charged for it. When you return the car, leave plenty of time so you can find the rep and get him/her to sign off that the car is not damaged and the tank's full. I know people who've had a nasty surprise on their credit card a month later for damage they didn't even do.

Huddersfield
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa parade

I just happened to come across your message by accident whilst using the internet. We've never used this site before so I'm sorry I couldn't respond back in November but I did respond as soon as I came across it.

I'm glad to hear you've since been contacted and the situation resolved.

I do hope that will consider us for future holiday and would be happy to help you make your choice and ensure that there are no hidden costs on the car hire.

Sussex
Level Contributor
4,223 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa parade

Hey - how reassuring is that from Villa Parade? Really impressive I thought, especially for me because we're going to Mallorca soon and renting a villa/car from Villa Parade. We've been to Mallorca before but never used Villa Parade so I was delighted to see they are so pro-active with addressing customers' comments. In the past, we've booked through James Villas (happy to share experience if anyone asks) and then to Menorca with Finishing Touch Holidays. I highly recommend Finishing Touch (lovely people, everything perfect) - they rescued us totally when James Villas told us a few weeks before our holiday that the villa was no longer available. Would have used them again like a shot but they didn't have quite the place we were looking for this time in Mallorca so we're giving Villa Parade a go - I really love their website (loads of pictures of each property) and the fact they still do a nice glossy brochure, plus you can talk to a human being on the phone if you want. Doncha just love tripadvisor? What on earth did we do before? Oh yes, just remembered...crossed your fingers and held your breath!

edinburgh
Level Contributor
51 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa parade

Travelled to Majorca last October and stayed in a Villa parade villa in Cala D'or. Have to say service was excellent both before and during our stay. We had to contact the rep in resort to fix our hot water problem and she arranged a caretaker to come out and fix it right away. Also maid service was very good too. - Thanks Villa P - will certainly use you again in the future.

london
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa parade

VP helpful and overall good operater.

Make sure you lock up your Villa well if staying in or anywhere near Cala D'or as lots of robberies in this area. Be very careful in the countryside Villas , friends live nearby are helped us after we were robbed while out for a couple of hours. They and their neighbours have noticed a big crime increase in the last 12 months.

Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or