We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Parade - Villa Magdalena, cala do'r

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
151 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Parade - Villa Magdalena, cala do'r

We are due to go and stay at the above villa and wanted to know if anyone else as stayed there and know what it's like and also it's location I know it's close to the Marina but how close?

oxford
Level Contributor
8 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Parade - Villa Magdalena, cala do'r

Have you been yet what was it like? DId you use Villa Parade?

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
151 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Parade - Villa Magdalena, cala do'r

Yes we have been and it was great!!! would definately recommend and go back again. It was was very close to Marina and easy walking distance to the restaurants and bars etc.

The villa itself was very well equipped and the cleaners came a couple of times. The rooms were all spacious and all had air conditioning. Outside the pool was a good size and the garden was great we even had a game of rounders whilst there!

We booked the villa through Villa Parade and our flights independently.

oxford
Level Contributor
8 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Parade - Villa Magdalena, cala do'r

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly. Really aprpeciated

Jules

x

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
151 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Parade - Villa Magdalena, cala do'r

No worries, let me know if you want to know anything else, I know what it's like when booking a villa holiday I always get apprehensive that it will be ok as there aren't many reviews usually to read.

oxford
Level Contributor
8 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Parade - Villa Magdalena, cala do'r

Just one last thing.....is it quiet? I notice from the pics there is a road right outside. Do you get a lot of noise from the road or Marina? ( we have a little boy who likes his sleep!).

Finally, (I promise no more questions!), do you know what is the difference between this one and the Baltasar next door? Is it the view as the Magdalena is more expensive. thanks

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
151 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Parade - Villa Magdalena, cala do'r

Hi, you can hear the road during the day, however it's not a great nuisance we live on a quiet cul de sac and was also worried about the road as like you we had 2 boys aged 3 and 5 who both like there sleep both during the day and at night, but not once did it cause any issues.

Magdelena and baltisar look identical from the outside and both have the same view, the only thing I can think of which would make me choose magdalena is the sun is always on the pool making it warm during the day where as baltisar it was more to the side of the house so you found they were sunbathing there and not round the pool which for us wouldn't have been ideal having young children who needed supervising in the pool.

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions what so ever just ask x

oxford
Level Contributor
8 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Parade - Villa Magdalena, cala do'r

Thanks for all your previous help. one more thing

We are going at beginning of July next year and I was wondering about the aircon set-up. it is off during the day it seems. is this a problem.? as we can prebook to have it on permanently they say for an extra £150 for the two weeks. WHat do you think?

many thanks again my new travel agent!!!

Jules

oxford
Level Contributor
8 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa Parade - Villa Magdalena, cala do'r

Hi

Sorry to trouble you again but I sent a question in Novemeber about aircon. I notice it has a thing where the aircon is off during the day. The compnay say you can have it on 24/7 for an extra fee. What do you think? We are goin begiining of July. Million thanks. Jules

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa Parade - Villa Magdalena, cala do'r

Hi - I've read the above with interest as I have been looking at this villa - am pleased with the fab review!!

I note the last comment about the air con - I can't find any mention of additional charges or time limits - Is this still correct?

Thanks (in advance!!)

Manchester, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa Parade - Villa Magdalena, cala do'r

hiya, sorry i know this is an old topic.

but we have recently booked villa baltasar as magdalena was already booked up. we are getting married at the yacht club, is it walking distance or do i need to arrange any transport???

Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or
Recent Conversations