We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baby food

Which Cala d'Or hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
warwickshire england
Level Contributor
10 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
baby food

does anyone know if the spar or the hipermarket in cala d'or sells hipp organic baby food as we are bringing babies with us this year

Glenrothes, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: baby food

Not sure about that brand, but I know they sell Heinz, and other food that could be suitable. What age is the baby?

warwickshire england
Level Contributor
10 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: baby food

one is 9 months and the other 16 months its not to bad for the older one as he will eat anything but the younger one will only eat baby food

Glenrothes, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: baby food

They have Heinz baby food in glass jars, and they also have stage 2 Cow & gate milk powder, but I don't think they have Hipp brand...

If it has to be Hipp, and no other, I would take a look on here:

babyabroad-mallorca.com/Hipp-Organic-food.ht…

They can deliver to your hotel out there, but you have to spend £35 minimum, then a £25 delivery, so £50. By the time you buy nappy's, and a load of jars that'll be easily spent. The good thing is it will save room in the luggage, but I'd recommend taking enough for 3 days just to be on the safe side, They can take 2 days once you arrive, but they e-mail you to ask accommodation details etc before you set off.

I'd look into it and see what's best for you...

Another option is buying bulk and sending it overseas via express, a week before you're set to go, and contact the hotel beforehand to see if they would perhaps sign for it, and keep it for you up to 2/3 days. Always worth a try

glasgow
Level Contributor
112 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: baby food

A few years back when our little one was 9 months we went to Portugal and made the mistake of thinking that there would be plenty of Uk baby food in the supermarkets.

There was hardly any and even the stuff we did buy was just not very nice.

Luckily for us our nephew was joining us for the second week and he brought out a bag full of jars from home.

warwickshire england
Level Contributor
10 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: baby food

thanks guys i will look at boots at the airport then take it as hand luggage so much to taking babies abroad

Glenrothes, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: baby food

I've never been keen on the airport prices for the baby products. They know they're more essential than us adults who can persevere and do without, and like everything else - such as travel insurance etc. They charge a lot more for it.

The advantages to the internet is it allows you to research the places beforehand, view it through Google street view (Canary islands) get e-mail information and other information such as places like this too :D

I'd definitely consider getting in touch with the hotel though. If it's a 4 star or above, or a generally well rounded hotel willing to step out the usual boundaries to ensure customer satisfaction, they'd probably hold a package for a few days for you.

We found that hiring a car, and going for a browse outside the typical tourist territory enabled us to find some very good priced supermarkets... Not spar, or other high priced shops, but their equivalent to Asda, which had large stock of almost everything you'd need, including most UK brands

Caimari, Mallorca
Level Contributor
630 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: baby food

hipp is widely available here. Id be very surprised if any large supermarket doesnt stock it. Frankly given the prices the delivery service is charging a taxi to any "hipermercado" would be a saving....

Its so true what the above poster says...my local supermarket in Inca is way cheaper than anything in the UK, especially for fresh goods, meat & fish, and whenever someone on here comments on how expensive nappies are in Mallorca its always because of the huge markups resort SPARs etc charge for UK labelled Pampers as opposed to buying Dodots in a real superrmarket here...Im convinced one could save the 25 Euros taxi fare there and back on the cost of the goods..

warwickshire england
Level Contributor
10 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: baby food

thank you that is really helpful im sure my grandchildren will be well fed and we will have no worries

9. Re: baby food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or