We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cala D'or drinks and eats

Menston
Level Contributor
70 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Cala D'or drinks and eats

I'm coming out to Cala D'or for the first time and have a few questions:

1. What's the average price of a large beer and a gin & tonic?

2 are there any traditional Spanish restaurants? Eg tapas?

3. What's the average cost of a main course ?

Cheers in anticipation.

PW

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,737 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cala D'or drinks and eats

1. €3 & €5.50

2. yes loads

3. €18

28SAC

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cala D'or drinks and eats

For Tapas in town try Barlovento, es Cailu, Tonys No 1 in the square and Tipiq across from Tonys. Wouldn't say average main course is 18 euros - it really depends on where you go and what you choose- fillet steak is 18euros but that's usually the most expensive.

Go to the Marina - best food and prices- Sancora for almost any kind of meal, and this year I thought La Tasca on the far side of the Marina , next to Churchills, was fantastic for tapas and any kind of authentic Spamish food- they are trying to establish themselves as they just opened up this year . They have a restaurant in Barcelona and are very nice people and definitely worth going to.

Edited: 11 September 2011, 20:17
Truro, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cala D'or drinks and eats

My family and I have just returned from Cala D'Or and I have to say we were disappointed with the standard of food and value for money at many places we ate at . Sancora was the best choice followed by Noa ( Thai ) both on the marina , average price of a meal including drinks was about 25 Euros . All the meals we had in the centre of town were disappointing .Churchills was great for breakfast which is also on the marina.

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cala D'or drinks and eats

I had a meal to die for at Noa - sea bream baked in a banana leaf with wonderful thai spices and my son had a chicken and mango curry which he said was the best he'd ever had. However it isn't cheap- the starters are small and

very expensive, but the main courses are huge . I went twice this year and the lesson learned is no starters and thiskeeps the cost down as it isn't cheap. However it's well worth it.

The restaurants in the town centre, bar a few, are to be avoided . If they have to drag you in off the street then that says it all. The Marina, apart from Zocolo IMO is the beat bet and better value than town. In town can trompe, Barlovento, Mama Mia,Fernando- these are the only ones I frequent.sorry you were disappointed.

Edited: 12 September 2011, 20:32
Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cala D'or drinks and eats

Hi ya folks. Arriving this Saturday at Cala for the first time. Can anyone recommend a good Indian Curry house please ???

Thats if one exists of course ???

Cheers :)

DUblin
Level Contributor
40 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cala D'or drinks and eats

I was dissapointed by the food in cala dor center initally,considering there are so many!Im a fish eating veggie but my boyfriend who rodered meat fudn the cuts of meat very poor.Es Caliu was the worst by far we tried in cala dor-70 euro for starter and main and wine and not even tasty,staff unfriendly.Barlovento was the only restuarant in the main area in cala dor i liked that i tried!It was always busy too which was great!

I can understand withy kids,budgets are tighter and you may need to eat somewhere cheaper but i really didnt notice a huge price difference in acla dor to the marina but quality excellent in marina

The Marina....If you like a lovely holiday setting,maybe a couple or something-please please please go here!We ate in the marina 5 nights and regretted not all 7!Noa was lovely!Zocala Paella fantastic!But overall the atmosphere is so holiday like and idylic!Dont forgot the far side of the marina also though!

7. Re: Cala D'or drinks and eats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or